    keyboard, but it's still acting strange. Has anyone had this same type
    experience. Thank you in advance.

    Duncan
    DD Woodford, Apr 30, 2005

  2. DD Woodford

    Plato Guest

    DD Woodford wrote:

    > I had an earlier post about a keyboard acting strange but now the mouse has
    > since become a problem. It's frustrating to simply type a letter. At first
    > I thought it was the keys sticking but it's more like each stroke is

    Low on disk space? Not cleaned out spyware in ages? Not cleaned out temp
    and cache files in years? Got 40 background apps going 24/7? Not
    defragged in a decade?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 30, 2005

  3. DD Woodford

    Brian Guest

    "DD Woodford" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I had an earlier post about a keyboard acting strange but now the mouse

    has
    > since become a problem. It's frustrating to simply type a letter. At

    first
    > I thought it was the keys sticking but it's more like each stroke is
    > delayed. I try to type a letter and nothing happens and then a succession
    > of the letter finally appears. Simultaneously now, the mouse is dragging
    > and I can't find the curser at times. If I shut down for awhile, I am

    able
    > to get back on and things are smooth and then I start losing the curser
    > again. Now, there seems to be a noise coming out of the monitor, but most
    > likely it's the speaker. I can't figure out if it's the mouse going out.
    > Is it the keyboard too? How weird it would happen at the same time.

    What's
    > with the strange puttering noise I'm hearing? I did go in into control
    > panel and adjust the keyboard to match the same setting of a friend's
    > keyboard, but it's still acting strange. Has anyone had this same type
    > experience. Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Duncan

    something is eating up your processor(usage) and/or maybe RAM check your
    task manager to find out what the culprit is (when opened click on the top
    of CPU column) then repair or get rid of it.
    Brian, Apr 30, 2005
  4. DD Woodford

    DD Woodford Guest

    This is an old e-machine that is giving us problems (not the one I'm on
    now). I know they are pretty basic and therefore I never loaded a lot of
    programs on it. I don't have much in the task tray other than anti-virus
    and zone alarm. However, the night before I added a new spyware program.
    I'm thinking this may be what's eating up the resources. I will remove it
    and see if it improves things. Thank you.

    DD Woodford, Apr 30, 2005
  5. DD Woodford

    DD Woodford Guest

    I have plenty disk space. Spyware and maintenance program is run twice a
    week. This computer is for my mother and she doesn't do much but play
    solitaire and write email. I only have an antivirus program and zone alarm
    loaded that constantly runs 24/7. That is, up until Thursday night when I
    added a new spy ware program. She had been using a program thru dsl but I
    bought a better one and perhaps that's eating into the CPU. I will remove
    and see if it improves. These problems did not occur until after I loaded
    this program. Thanks.

    DD Woodford, Apr 30, 2005
  6. DD Woodford

    Ben Myers Guest

    You might try a virus scan.

    AVG http://www.grisoft.com
    F-PROT http://www.f-prot.com
    On-line scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Apr 30, 2005
  7. DD Woodford

    Plato Guest

    DD Woodford wrote:

    > I have plenty disk space. Spyware and maintenance program is run twice a
    > week. This computer is for my mother and she doesn't do much but play
    > solitaire and write email. I only have an antivirus program and zone alarm
    > loaded that constantly runs 24/7. That is, up until Thursday night when I
    > added a new spy ware program. She had been using a program thru dsl but I
    > bought a better one and perhaps that's eating into the CPU. I will remove
    > and see if it improves. These problems did not occur until after I loaded
    > this program. Thanks.

    Then you ID"s the niggle. Note that it may NOT be just that new app, but
    that app in conflict with another 24/7 app. At least there are
    alternative anti-nasty apps one can try out
    Plato, May 1, 2005
  8. DD Woodford

    DD Woodford Guest

    Yes. This appeared to the be the problem. Since uninstalling the computer
    is running smoothly again. I had bought spy sweeper but now I'll have to
    find one to try online that doesn't have such conflict. Any ideas on a good
    spyware program? TIA

    DD Woodford, May 1, 2005