    I have an aged 386 without PS2 but with a kind of round port that is roughly
    double the diameter.

    TIA

    Fieldwater, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Fieldwater

    Shel-hed Guest

    "AT"

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:34:23 -0000, "Fieldwater" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Jan 23, 2004

  3. "Fieldwater" <> wrote in message
    > What was the common keyboard connection
    >type before PS2 called?
    >
    > I have an aged 386 without PS2 but with a kind of
    > round port that is roughly double the diameter.

    It's commonly just called an "AT keyboard" or 5-pin DIN
    connector...

    http://www.pcguide.com/ref/kb/const/otherConnector-c.html

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Fieldwater

    Senti Guest

    Fieldwater did mumble burluu$li1rf$-berlin.de...

    > What was the common keyboard connection type before PS2 called?
    >
    > I have an aged 386 without PS2 but with a kind of round port that is
    > roughly double the diameter.
    >
    > TIA

    See the other answers...

    ....also, you can buy a PS/2 to AT keyboard adapter. Check Google or your
    local computer shops.
    --
    ~SF~
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but the conquest of it. -Author

    Senti, Jan 23, 2004