    different open windows...how is that done in Firefox between different
    tabs (in one window)?

    TIA!!!

    Left Hand of Empire, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Left Hand of Empire

    Tom Accuosti Guest

    In news:,
    Left Hand of Empire <> informed us:
    | Hi, All:
    |
    | Thanks for the suggestion to use Mozilla Firefox! Love it! No
    | goddamned pop-up ads, and it works just about the same.
    |
    | 'Cept that at some sites, it seems to stop responding for some reason.
    | These are "proprietary" sites where you need a password to log in
    | (like, say, www.stapleslink.com, which is a business-to-business
    | site). After a short while, the hyperlinks seem to stop working, the
    | buttons seem to stop working...I have to go back to a previous page to
    | "jumpstart" the stalled operation!
    |
    | But my main question is...what is the keyboard command for switching
    | between different tabs in Firefox?? "Help" is, even for Firefox, no
    | help at all. Like in Windows we press ALT+TAB to switch between
    | different open windows...how is that done in Firefox between different
    | tabs (in one window)?

    Alt-Tab switches between open *program* windows. Ctl-tab switches
    between open windows in a particular program.

    BTW, I've noticed the "stalling" in FF on several sites. I suspect that
    it's got something to do with running Java or scripts, but I'm not
    really sure.

    Tom

    Tom Accuosti, Oct 1, 2004

  3. Left Hand of Empire

    MLC Guest

    _Left Hand of Empire_, venerdì 01/ott/2004:

    > But my main question is...what is the keyboard command for switching
    > between different tabs in Firefox?? "Help" is, even for Firefox, no
    > help at all. Like in Windows we press ALT+TAB to switch between
    > different open windows...how is that done in Firefox between different
    > tabs (in one window)?

    Ctrl+Tab to the right and Shift+Ctrl+Tab to the left.

    In addition, if you have many tabs you can switch directly to each one with
    its number: Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3,...
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 01/10/2004 21.07.41

    MLC, Oct 1, 2004