    thank you
    peter grambitter
    germany

    Peter Grambitter, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Peter Grambitter

    Intel_Fan Guest

    Touch screens generally work better for this.
    The hardware interface is not difficult and there should be plenty of things
    like this on the market already. Did you try Google yet?

    Intel_Fan, Jun 29, 2005

  3. There will be no screen to touch to.
    this is a beamer presentation with some interactivity via selection keys.

    thanks peter

    Peter Grambitter, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Couldn't you wire the switches to a standard keyboard ROM chip and have software interpret the codes any way you want???

    That's shooting from the hip. Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Thank you, hip-shooter..*grin (how nicely put)

    I thought of this, too.
    But I want to avoid do-it-yourself-bric-a-brac-solutions, when I sell an
    installation to a professional client.
    There must be something on the market, I bet, that does these things.
    perhaps I am in the wrong newsgroup ... is there something like an
    audio-visual-user-newsgroup around somewhere?
    does anybody know?
    thanks
    peter

    Peter Grambitter, Jul 1, 2005
  6. O.K. then, and pardon me for being explicit, but what language will you be coding in? One other thing I thought of is
    that perhaps you could alias the C(++) mouse events functions. I'm no expert but the C(++) libraries does seem to have
    some exellent functions which are not too hard to put to work writing your own event-handler - or something of that
    sort. Talking as you do, I am suspecting it might be more of an Assembler project, and then I will be left behind, more
    or less completely. If 'C' would do it for you, I'd suggest one/some of the NG's along those lines - lots of friendly
    people there too. For the Hardware side of the matter I do not believe - at least I can't think of any ready-made
    solution that you could cannibalize off of. A ROM chip is as close to the Blackbox principle as I can think of.

    But then, if you have switches that report the neccessary events I am thinking that you ought to be able to build the
    Blackbox completely in code. That's what a ROM chip IS, after all. I suspect the easiest and cheapest and speediest
    approach would be to put a pc in there and attach the whole thing into the ps2 connector and write a device driver as a
    Blackbox. Much in the way Arcade machines are built, I understand.

    Greetings Peter, and good luck.

    (By the way - what is a 'beamer', again?)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Peter Grambitter

    Intel_Fan Guest

    A quick Google (special purpose input devices) found a couple of interesting
    things. You may even find a more appropriate/helpful newsgroup this way.
    http://www.keytools.com/keyboards/cykey.asp
    http://www.keytools.com/input/buddy_button.asp
    I'm sure there are plenty of domestic products also. If you have a large
    enough requirement, it shouldn't be too hard to find a company that will do
    a custom design.

    Intel_Fan, Jul 1, 2005