Keyboard CAPS LOCK only turns off with the shift key...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BillyBob@nospam.com, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. BillyBob@nospam.com

    BobJ

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Toggling Caps Lock between the Caps Lock and Shift Keys

    In XP, go to the control Panel, select "Regional and Language Options".
    Select the "Languages" Tab. Click "Details"
    On the new Dialog Box, click "Key Settings"
    On the next Dialog Box, the Shift / CapsLock choices are at the top.

    As I remember, on an older machine, the "Key Settings " button was grayed out, and
    I had to add an additional language to activate it.

    Microsoft makes it real easy to find, don't they :lol:

    The instructions are similar for Windows 7.

    Cheers,
    BobJ.
    BobJ, Oct 1, 2013