    I saw a commercial version of a key logger detector costing around
    $500.00, but there may be others which cost much less.

    Brad
    Brad, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Brad

    kulm_nd Guest

    Hardware keyloggers require physical access to the computer. Software
    keyloggers can be installed via the Internet IF you allow scripts to run on
    your system or install unknown software. I avoid using IE and when I do need
    to use it I have everything set to DISABLE or PROMPT. Too many people have
    IE and let everything run. That is a guarantee that spyware, adware etc will
    be installed.

    g-w

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > For one thing, if Microsoft can install updates on your computer

    while
    > you are on-line, a malicious site, disguised as a music, porn, etc. site,
    > probably can install a key logger. Let's face it, there is no such thing

    as
    > "secure" when using a credit card on line. Note: I never use a credit

    card on
    > the web. There are shareware versions of key loggers, one of which can

    send
    > your keystrokes, etc. to someone else via email without your knowledge. I
    > learned about these visiting www.newestshareware.com and news groups such

    as

    kulm_nd, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Brad

    vb Guest

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > For one thing, if Microsoft can install updates on your computer

    while
    > you are on-line, a malicious site, disguised as a music, porn, etc. site,
    > probably can install a key logger. Let's face it, there is no such thing

    as
    > "secure" when using a credit card on line. Note: I never use a credit

    card on
    > the web. There are shareware versions of key loggers, one of which can

    send
    > your keystrokes, etc. to someone else via email without your knowledge. I
    > learned about these visiting www.newestshareware.com and news groups such

    as
    > alt.comp.shareware, alt.comp.software.tools, comp.software, etc.
    >
    > I saw a commercial version of a key logger detector costing around
    > $500.00, but there may be others which cost much less.
    >
    > Brad

    Is there software available to detect Key Loggers??

    V.B.
    vb, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Brad

    kulm_nd Guest

    There are no great ones. Especially not free ones. Spybot will find some key
    loggers.

    g-w

    kulm_nd, Apr 7, 2004