    bob Guest

    how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your computer?

    bob

    bob, Jan 11, 2006

  2. bob

    What's Up! Guest

    bob wrote:
    > how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
    > computer?
    > bob

    Here is a free program to scan for it.
    http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doct...AW=key logger&OVKEY=key logger&OVMTC=standard

    or http://tinyurl.com/9j6f2 if above is broken.

    --
    Carol
    Contessa of Consternation

    Autistic Spectrum Code v.1.0
    AS? d- s--:+ a+ c+ p+ t-- f S+ p@- e+ h- r- n+(-) i+ P m-() M

    http://www32.brinkster.com/ascdecode/decode.asp

    "I have run rings around you logically". Monty Python

    Email at , removing the 'nospam' and replacing
    with 'msn'.

    What's Up!, Jan 12, 2006

  3. General Specific, Jan 12, 2006
  4. bob

    bob Guest

    "What's Up!" <> wrote in message
    > bob wrote:
    >> how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
    >> computer?
    >> bob

    > Here is a free program to scan for it.
    > http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doct...AW=key logger&OVKEY=key logger&OVMTC=standard

    actually i bought spyware doctor last month. use it periodically.

    does it work at preventing keylogger from coming to the machine or also if
    it was already there before i got spyware doctor?

    bob

    bob, Jan 12, 2006
  5. bob

    Plato Guest

    What's Up! wrote:

    > > how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
    > > computer?

    NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 13, 2006
  6. bob

    bob Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > What's Up! wrote:
    >>
    >> > how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
    >> > computer?

    > NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

    any way to get rid of it, if it is installed? re-install windows?

    bob

    bob, Jan 13, 2006
  7. bob

    Plato Guest

    bob wrote:

    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    > > NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

    > any way to get rid of it, if it is installed? re-install windows?

    will have to format, then reinstall

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 14, 2006
  8. bob

    John Guest

    On 13 Jan 2006 21:24:02 -0600, A strange species called Plato <|@|.|>
    wrote:

    >bob wrote:
    >>
    >> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    >> > NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

    >> any way to get rid of it, if it is installed? re-install windows?

    >will have to format, then reinstall

    I'm sure that some anti-virus software can detect key loggers even pro
    ones? Perhaps I am wrong on that though?

    John

    John, Jan 14, 2006
  9. bob

    Plato Guest

    John wrote:

    > I'm sure that some anti-virus software can detect key loggers even pro
    > ones? Perhaps I am wrong on that though?

    A keylogger is not a virus. However, yes, many anti-virus programs also
    detect "harmful" programs.

    Plato, Jan 15, 2006