    told me, 'our most significant success'." Ion Mihai Pacepa on
    John Kerry -
    http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/pacepa200402260828.asp

    NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH, Apr 9, 2004

  2. NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH

    El Kabong Guest

    Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
    It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!

    El Kabong, Apr 9, 2004

  3. NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH

    Stan Guest

    (NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "As a spy chief and a general in the former Soviet satellite of Romania,
    > I produced the very same vitriol Kerry repeated to the U.S. Congress
    > almost word for word and planted it in leftist movements throughout
    > Europe. KGB chairman Yuri Andropov managed our anti-Vietnam War
    > operation. He often bragged about having damaged the U.S.
    > foreign-policy consensus, poisoned domestic debate in the U.S.,
    > and built a credibility gap between America and European public
    > opinion through our disinformation operations. Vietnam was, he once
    > told me, 'our most significant success'." Ion Mihai Pacepa on
    > John Kerry -
    > http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/pacepa200402260828.asp

    What camera did the spy chief use in Romania?

    Stan, Apr 9, 2004
  4. NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH

    zootwoman Guest

    (NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "As a spy chief and a general in the former Soviet satellite of Romania,
    > I produced the very same vitriol Kerry repeated to the U.S. Congress
    > almost word for word and planted it in leftist movements throughout
    > Europe. KGB chairman Yuri Andropov managed our anti-Vietnam War
    > operation. He often bragged about having damaged the U.S.
    > foreign-policy consensus, poisoned domestic debate in the U.S.,
    > and built a credibility gap between America and European public
    > opinion through our disinformation operations. Vietnam was, he once
    > told me, 'our most significant success'." Ion Mihai Pacepa on
    > John Kerry -
    > http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/pacepa200402260828.asp

    Ion Mihai Pacepa works for branch Bushian division of CIA ;)

    another crude slur
    Another crude slur
    With a campaign of distortion and lies, the right-wing smear machine
    is trying to impugn the military honor of John Kerry.

    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    By Joe Conason

    March 6, 2004 | The contrast between the military careers of George
    W. Bush and John Kerry is drawing veterans to the Democratic Party --
    and maddening conservative Republicans who have grown accustomed to
    monopolizing the symbolism of flag and country. To tarnish Kerry, the
    right has reached back more than 30 years to develop a narrative that
    transforms him from hero to traitor, by distorting his antiwar
    activism after he returned from Vietnam.

    They hope to convince America that by testifying and organizing for
    peace, the young Navy lieutenant somehow "dishonored" his fellow
    sailors and soldiers.

    This effort began quite crudely, with the anonymous distribution of a
    faked photo of Kerry with Jane Fonda. But now Kerry critics are
    focused on the so-called "Winter Soldier" investigation -- a public
    event staged in January 1971 by Kerry and other leaders of Vietnam
    Veterans Against the War to expose the brutality and devastation of
    the Indochina conflict.

    The right-wing extremists at Free Republic have set up a new "Winter
    Soldier" Web site devoted to that event, highlighting Kerry's
    subsequent testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
    about alleged U.S. war crimes. According to the Freeper theory, he
    "launched his political career" by denigrating his comrades in arms,
    although nobody who reads his testimony will find much evidence to
    support that accusation. (He did run for Congress in 1972 -- and lost
    in part because of his VVAW connections.)

    Today's Daypass sponsored by Scribner

    Coordinating with the Freeper attack are Texas chicken-hawk Rep. Tom
    DeLay, who recently upbraided Kerry for the Winter Soldier episode,
    and Gary Aldrich, the former White House FBI agent who fabricated
    salacious stories about Bill and Hillary Clinton, who now suspects
    that Kerry was "pro-Communistic" and is demanding to see his old FBI
    files.

    Meanwhile, the National Review descended still further, featuring a
    weird article by Romania's former Communist spy chief, in which he
    insinuates that Kerry, and anyone else who talked about atrocities in
    Vietnam, was really an instrument of KGB propaganda. (It is remarkable
    to see a "conservative" magazine publish a smear written by a man who
    once facilitated the atrocities of the Ceausescu regime.) The essay by
    Ion Mihai Pacepa, who defected to the West in 1978, is titled "Kerry's
    Soviet Rhetoric," and claims that his testimony about the war in 1971
    "sounds exactly like the disinformation line that the Soviets were
    sowing worldwide throughout the Vietnam era."

    Had Kerry said or done something stupid at the impressionable age of
    25 -- after surviving horrific jungle warfare that had cost the lives
    of several close friends -- his furious protests would be forgivable
    more than 30 years later. He, too, might have been "young and foolish
    when he was young and foolish," as a famous man put it. But in
    contrast to the VVAW's radicalized veterans and other elements of the
    antiwar movement, Kerry was sober and mature. Some of his own allies
    openly disdained him for his moderation. Although he, too, was
    disillusioned and angry, Kerry insisted on working "within the
    system." During that period he spent much of his energy trying to
    register young people to vote for antiwar congressional candidates.

    It's also true that he led raucous demonstrations in Washington, and
    participated in the "Winter Soldier" hearings. When he appeared before
    the Senate three months later, he spoke at length about reported
    American atrocities, attributing most of the specific allegations to
    veterans who had testified during Winter Soldier. Graphic references
    to rape, dismemberment and murder took up less than a paragraph of his
    lengthy testimony, but they certainly brought no credit on the U.S.
    military. Yet his eloquent words won bipartisan praise from the
    senators who listened to him.

    Kerry didn't join the antiwar movement to indict his fellow soldiers;
    he often spoke with passion about the injustices done to them, both
    during the war and when they returned home to inadequate medical care
    and an indifferent government. His purpose was to prevent more of them
    from being killed, as he said over and over again.

    He didn't try to absolve himself when denouncing the indiscriminate
    violence of the war. On "Meet the Press," he confessed that he had
    participated in "the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other
    soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire
    zones." But he felt strongly that U.S. military commanders and
    civilian policymakers were far more culpable for those atrocities than
    the men who obeyed their orders. Appalled by the civilian casualties
    in the "free-fire zones" marked out by their commanders, Kerry and
    other junior officers had gone to Saigon in January 1969 to complain
    to their superior -- and were of course ignored.

    The free-fire zones, the use of napalm, the carpet-bombing and the
    assassination programs were all aspects of a guerrilla conflict that
    could not be prosecuted without killing thousands of civilians. Only
    by falsifying history -- and assuming that nobody will remember the
    truth -- can Kerry's right-wing critics claim that he somehow misled
    the country about what was happening in Vietnam. The smear depends on
    historical amnesia.

    Last year the suppressed recollections of that disturbing past emerged
    again, when investigative journalist Gregory Vistica revealed wartime
    secrets long concealed by Bob Kerrey. Although the most incriminating
    details remain disputed, the former senator and Congressional Medal of
    Honor winner has admitted that he and Navy SEALS under his command
    massacred civilians during a nighttime raid on a hamlet called Thanh
    Phong in 1969. The ensuing debate over his conduct revived searing
    memories of My Lai, the village where hundreds of civilians were raped
    and murdered in March 1968 by U.S. soldiers.

    In 1971, John Kerry told the Senate that if William Calley and the
    other soldiers who committed those atrocities were guilty, then so
    were the commanders who had made such crimes inevitable and then
    covered them up. "I think if you are going to try Lieutenant Calley
    then you must at the same time, if this country is going to demand
    respect for the law, you must at the same time try all those other
    people who have responsibility, and any aversion that we may have to
    the verdict as veterans is not to say that Calley should be freed, not
    to say that he is innocent, but to say that you can't just take him
    alone." Kerry's critics argue that My Lai was an isolated incident,
    but at least one celebrated general doesn't agree.

    Secretary of State Colin Powell held a command position in the Army's
    Americal Division, which had included Calley's unit, and he was asked
    to investigate the earliest allegations about My Lai. He failed to
    uncover the massacre and was later accused of facilitating the
    coverup. Whether that accusation is fair or not, Powell knows what
    happened in Vietnam.

    "My Lai was an appalling example of much that had gone wrong in
    Vietnam," he wrote in his bestselling autobiography, "My American
    Journey." "The involvement of so many unprepared officers and noncoms
    led to breakdowns in morale, discipline and professional judgment --
    and to horrors like My Lai -- as the troops became numb to what
    appeared to be endless and mindless slaughter." For some reason,
    despite his loyalty to the president, Powell doesn't seem eager to
    attack John Kerry.

    zootwoman, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Top postin' El Ka-BONNNNNNNG! wrote in part:

    > Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
    > It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!

    If you're not a fan of Svetlana tubes just say so.

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Apr 10, 2004
  6. NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH

    El Kabong Guest

    "Unclaimed Mysteries"
    <> wrote in message
    > Top postin' El Ka-BONNNNNNNG! wrote in part:
    >
    > > Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
    > > It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!
    > >

    > If you're not a fan of Svetlana tubes just say so.

    Ok, I prefer Electro Harmonix tubes and believe it or not,
    also the antiquated chemical method in developing film and printing still
    photos.

    Kabong!~!~!~!

    El Kabong, Apr 10, 2004
  7. NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH

    Bo Raxo Guest

    "El Kabong" <> wrote in message

    > "Unclaimed Mysteries"
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Top postin' El Ka-BONNNNNNNG! wrote in part:
    > >
    > > > Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
    > > > It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!
    > > >

    > > If you're not a fan of Svetlana tubes just say so.

    > Ok, I prefer Electro Harmonix tubes and believe it or not,
    > also the antiquated chemical method in developing film and printing still
    > photos.

    So to complete the list, I'm guessing you go with the old-fashioned crime
    methods, too: pick victims like prostitutes and runaways that nobody will
    report missing, and move from one jurisdiction to the next.

    Me, I go with the modern leave-no-forensics methods, but to each his own.

    > Kabong!~!~!~!
    >
    > > --
    > > It Came From C. L. Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
    > > http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    There's some really, really cool photography on that unclaimedmysteries
    site.

    Bo Raxo

    Bo Raxo, Apr 11, 2004