Kernel configuration missing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cowboyzlinux, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. cowboyzlinux

    cowboyzlinux Guest

    I have had some trouble compiling a driver for my skymedia card and have
    come to the conclusion it is because of the following

    In Control Center - system -Linux Kernel it says the following

    patht o kernel sources /usr/src/linux

    Sorry the kernel configuration could not be read due to the following
    error

    can't open /usr/src/linux/arch/config.in for reading

    Either your Kernel sourse contains invalid config rules or you just found
    a bug in the KDE Kernel configurator.

    So questions:

    Is this common?
    How to fix? - Reinstall Kernel source? How do I do that?

    Default install on Mandrake 9.1 2.4.21-0.13mdk

    Cheers

    cowboyzlinux, Jul 16, 2003

  2. cowboyzlinux

    cowboyzlinux Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:16:30 +0100, cowboyzlinux wrote:

    > I have had some trouble compiling a driver for my skymedia card and have
    > come to the conclusion it is because of the following
    >

    > In Control Center - system -Linux Kernel it says the following
    >
    > patht o kernel sources /usr/src/linux
    >
    > Sorry the kernel configuration could not be read due to the following
    > error
    >
    > can't open /usr/src/linux/arch/config.in for reading
    >
    > Either your Kernel sourse contains invalid config rules or you just found
    > a bug in the KDE Kernel configurator.
    >

    > So questions:
    >
    > Is this common?
    > How to fix? - Reinstall Kernel source? How do I do that?
    >

    > Default install on Mandrake 9.1 2.4.21-0.13mdk
    >
    > Cheers

    never mind. Google is good.

    found a rpm. to install it and error gone. back to the skymedia thing

    cowboyzlinux, Jul 16, 2003

  3. cowboyzlinux

    cowboyzlinux Guest

    >> found a rpm. to install it and error gone. back to the skymedia thing

    > I have the same issue but it has never bothered me too much. How did you
    > correct it?
    >
    > Allistar.

    I searched through rpmdrake and found a kernel to install. It is on one
    of the cds. I needed it installed to get this satcard going and it is
    kinda working now but can't actually recieve data. (work in progress)

    cowboyzlinux, Jul 16, 2003