    I've checked the creation date and size of the Kerio programs, which
    are still as I installed them.
    Does anyone know why Kerio would be trying to run an adware program?
    Jason M, Aug 17, 2003

  2. On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:37:57 GMT, (Jason M) wrote:

    >I've been helping a friend remove 3 adware programs that were being
    >detected by Kerio. Now that I've got rid of the adware (with
    >add/remove programs), after connecting to the Net, Kerio tries to run
    >one of the adware programs (I've forgotten the name for the moment)
    >and fails.
    >I've checked the creation date and size of the Kerio programs, which
    >are still as I installed them.
    >Does anyone know why Kerio would be trying to run an adware program?

    Kerio does not run any thing but its self, What version of Kerio are you
    using..?

    Also check what programs that you are letting Kerio pass through.

    Try Ad-Aware 6 to remove the afending program..

    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Robert Mathews, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Jason M

    Jason M Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:20:34 +1200, colinco <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Jason M wrote...
    >> Does anyone know why Kerio would be trying to run an adware program?
    >>

    >Why do you think Kerio (firewall?) is running the adware - is it just the
    >Kerio popup letting you know that the adware is attempting to access the
    >net?

    From memory it was a Windows error saying that persfw.exe was trying
    to access the adware program that has been deleted.
    I'll get hold of the error messages in the morning.
    Jason M, Aug 17, 2003
  4. On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:13:49 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:28:10 +1200, Robert Mathews <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:37:57 GMT, (Jason M) wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've been helping a friend remove 3 adware programs that were being
    >>>detected by Kerio. Now that I've got rid of the adware (with
    >>>add/remove programs), after connecting to the Net, Kerio tries to run
    >>>one of the adware programs (I've forgotten the name for the moment)
    >>>and fails.
    >>>I've checked the creation date and size of the Kerio programs, which
    >>>are still as I installed them.
    >>>Does anyone know why Kerio would be trying to run an adware program?

    >>Kerio does not run any thing but its self, What version of Kerio are you
    >>using..?
    >>
    >>Also check what programs that you are letting Kerio pass through.
    >>
    >>Try Ad-Aware 6 to remove the afending program..
    >>

    >>http://www.lavasoft.de/
    >>

    >Woger recommending 2 free programs?!?!?! Hell has frozen over.
    >

    >Spybot kicks Adaware's butt though.

    So is this the crap you are promoting..?

    "Dear Customer
    BulletProofSoft Spy ware Remover has been on the market for 3 years now where
    as spybot has only been out for the last 4 or 5 month!!! Spybot has started a
    negative publicity campaign not only against our company but against 4 other
    spyware remover program's on the market and their companies. As spybot is
    currently gaining from this negative publicity as the owner patrick kolla
    (owner of spybot) actually thinks since he is a 1 man company in germany that
    american companies can't go after him to stop this nonsense!! he is wrong. Our
    company is teaming up with the other 4 companies and are filling lawsuits
    against patrick kolla.Tech Support "
    Robert Mathews, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Jason M

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:49:37 +1200, Robert Mathews <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:13:49 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:28:10 +1200, Robert Mathews <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Kerio does not run any thing but its self, What version of Kerio are you
    >>>using..?
    >>>
    >>>Also check what programs that you are letting Kerio pass through.
    >>>
    >>>Try Ad-Aware 6 to remove the afending program..
    >>>

    >>>http://www.lavasoft.de/
    >>>

    >>Woger recommending 2 free programs?!?!?! Hell has frozen over.
    >>

    >>Spybot kicks Adaware's butt though.
    >>

    >So is this the crap you are promoting..?
    >

    >"Dear Customer
    >BulletProofSoft Spy ware Remover has been on the market for 3 years now where
    >as spybot has only been out for the last 4 or 5 month!!! Spybot has started a
    >negative publicity campaign not only against our company but against 4 other
    >spyware remover program's on the market and their companies. As spybot is
    >currently gaining from this negative publicity as the owner patrick kolla
    >(owner of spybot) actually thinks since he is a 1 man company in germany that
    >american companies can't go after him to stop this nonsense!! he is wrong. Our
    >company is teaming up with the other 4 companies and are filling lawsuits
    >against patrick kolla.Tech Support "

    Post the entire FACTS you tard:

    Adaware had NO updates from June 02 - Feb 03, would you rely on out of date
    shit?

    Open letter to BulletProofSoft link 08/05/2003
    From a concerned Spybot-S&D user, I recently received a copy of this statement
    from BulletProofSoft:

    Dear Customer
    BulletProofSoft Spy ware Remover has been on the market for 3 years now where as
    spybot has only been out for the last 4 or 5 month!!! Spybot has started a
    negative publicity campaign not only against our company but against 4 other
    spyware remover program's on the market and their companies. As spybot is
    currently gaining from this negative publicity as the owner patrick kolla (owner
    of spybot) actually thinks since he is a 1 man company in germany that american
    companies can't go after him to stop this nonsense!! he is wrong. Our company is
    teaming up with the other 4 companies and are filling lawsuits against patrick
    kolla.
    Tech Support
    Well, I thought I should make a short statement about this.

    First, I looked up the first public reference of Spybot-S&D. You will find it
    mentioned first on page 8 of the 17/2000 issue of the German c't (Magazin fuer
    Computertechnik). It refers to a software I wrote based on c't 9/2000 and
    16/2000, which is already named Spybot - Search & Destroy. And it has some
    history named AdBotKiller before that.
    Second, I have not complained against five spyware remover programs, but against
    four. One of them (Ideal World Online with SpyGone) has already admitted the
    copyright issue and thus surely won't participate in any lawsuit against me, one
    (TrekBlue) has at least tried communications until I mentioned the first
    evidence, and the other two (BPS and OnlinePcFix) have never even answered any
    of my emails. Evidence against all of them is available on my rip-off list.
    Third, we're not a one-man company, but actually a lot of people (including the
    great Team Spybot) are working very hard on this. The legal situation is about
    the other way round: I have little chances against BulletProofSoft and the like
    because the U.S. won't accept verdicts on U.S. citizens or companies from
    foreign courts and it is very difficult for me to bring this before a U.S.
    court.

    For this reasons I ask you, BulletProofSoft, to stop such slander!
    Invisible, Aug 18, 2003
  6. On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:42:29 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:49:37 +1200, Robert Mathews <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:13:49 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >>>Woger recommending 2 free programs?!?!?! Hell has frozen over.
    >>>

    >>>Spybot kicks Adaware's butt though.
    >>>

    >>So is this the crap you are promoting..?
    >>

    >>"Dear Customer
    >>BulletProofSoft Spy ware Remover has been on the market for 3 years now where
    >>as spybot has only been out for the last 4 or 5 month!!! Spybot has started a
    >>negative publicity campaign not only against our company but against 4 other
    >>spyware remover program's on the market and their companies. As spybot is
    >>currently gaining from this negative publicity as the owner patrick kolla
    >>(owner of spybot) actually thinks since he is a 1 man company in germany that
    >>american companies can't go after him to stop this nonsense!! he is wrong. Our
    >>company is teaming up with the other 4 companies and are filling lawsuits
    >>against patrick kolla.Tech Support "

    >Post the entire FACTS you tard:
    >
    >Adaware had NO updates from June 02 - Feb 03, would you rely on out of date
    >shit?

    What a Dick you are, I am using a 18/8/03 Reference File, do you not know how
    to update it..

    I am referring to Ad-aware 6 are we not. ?

    Seems like you have egg all over your face..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 18, 2003
  7. Jason M

    Sting Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:46:31 +1200, "Rob King" <>
    wrote:

    >Argh! I've seen this a number of times - Kerio is the company name not the
    >software itself!
    >
    >Which *Kerio* application are you actually using?
    >
    >It's like the time someone I knew told me they had trouble typing up their
    >documents in "Microsoft".

    I get that all the time. Drives you berko.
    Sting, Aug 19, 2003
  8. Jason M

    Jason M Guest

    wrote:

    >"Jason M" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been helping a friend remove 3 adware programs that were being
    >> detected by Kerio. Now that I've got rid of the adware (with
    >> add/remove programs), after connecting to the Net, Kerio tries to run
    >> one of the adware programs (I've forgotten the name for the moment)
    >> and fails.
    >> I've checked the creation date and size of the Kerio programs, which
    >> are still as I installed them.
    >> Does anyone know why Kerio would be trying to run an adware program?

    >Argh! I've seen this a number of times - Kerio is the company name not the
    >software itself!
    >
    >Which *Kerio* application are you actually using?
    >
    >It's like the time someone I knew told me they had trouble typing up their
    >documents in "Microsoft".

    The problem occurs on a machine some distance away and I am still
    waiting for the exact error message details.
    It's probably persfw.exe or pfwadmin.exe that is trying to run the
    adware.
    Almost all Google references to Kerio concern its use as a firewall.
    I am unaware of any other products by Kerio.
    Jason M, Aug 19, 2003
  9. Jason M

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, Jason M wrote...
    > The problem occurs on a machine some distance away and I am still
    > waiting for the exact error message details.
    > It's probably persfw.exe or pfwadmin.exe that is trying to run the
    > adware.
    > Almost all Google references to Kerio concern its use as a firewall.
    > I am unaware of any other products by Kerio.

    And a very quick Google shows only your post claiming that Kerio firewall
    runs adware. Other posts refer to Kerio stopping adware.
    colinco, Aug 20, 2003
  10. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:00:43 +1200, colinco <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Jason M wrote...
    >> The problem occurs on a machine some distance away and I am still
    >> waiting for the exact error message details.
    >> It's probably persfw.exe or pfwadmin.exe that is trying to run the
    >> adware.
    >> Almost all Google references to Kerio concern its use as a firewall.
    >> I am unaware of any other products by Kerio.
    >>

    >And a very quick Google shows only your post claiming that Kerio firewall
    >runs adware. Other posts refer to Kerio stopping adware.

    Well I think it was posted by one of the Teenagers here, So what do you
    expect..
    Robert Mathews, Aug 20, 2003
  11. Jason M

    Jason M Guest

    wrote:

    >In article <>, Jason M wrote...
    >> The problem occurs on a machine some distance away and I am still
    >> waiting for the exact error message details.
    >> It's probably persfw.exe or pfwadmin.exe that is trying to run the
    >> adware.
    >> Almost all Google references to Kerio concern its use as a firewall.
    >> I am unaware of any other products by Kerio.
    >>

    >And a very quick Google shows only your post claiming that Kerio firewall
    >runs adware. Other posts refer to Kerio stopping adware.

    I have yet to get the exact details of the error message. Why don't we
    all wait until then.
    Jason M, Aug 20, 2003
  12. Jason M

    Jason M Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:56:13 +1200, Aaron Lawrence
    <> wrote:

    >Thus spake Jason M:
    >> I've been helping a friend remove 3 adware programs that were being
    >> detected by Kerio. Now that I've got rid of the adware (with
    >> add/remove programs), after connecting to the Net, Kerio tries to run

    >Many spyware programs only pretend to uninstall themselves. Get Ad-aware
    >or another utility to destroy them properly.

    Delfin/PromulGate/Pgmonitr had been "removed" using Windows Add/Remove
    (athoughly clearly there were still references to it in the Registry).

    Later when going online (using the Kerio firewall), a Windows message
    appeared saying that Pgmonitr.exe was missing, and there was a
    reference to Kerio attempting to call it. This is probably because
    Kerio was attempting to verify the MD5 signature (checksum) of
    Pgmonitr.exe.

    Anyway, now that all adware has been removed using Ad-Aware and
    Spybot, there have been no further problems.
    Clearly after removing software, the Kerio firewall needs to know
    that, and the "Check all paths" and "Check MD5" options should be run.
    Jason M, Aug 21, 2003