    deemac Guest

    Does anyone have opinions on whether or not this firewall does a job?
    I think that the part that I like best is the "free" thingie
    deemac, Jun 30, 2003

  2. deemac

    deemac Guest

    Thanks, rifleman - and thanks for the original info in an earlier
    post.

    deemac, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Blinky the Shark, Jul 1, 2003
  4. deemac

    rifleman Guest

    In news:,
    deemac <> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his
    navel and typed:
    > Blinky - downloaded the KPF but could not get anywhere with it. All
    > I could get was the dialogue box requiring my password - not the one
    > with tabs as shown in the help file. I gave up - afte tearing out
    > most of my hair.
    >

    > On 1 Jul 2003 07:00:54 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> deemac wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have opinions on whether or not this firewall does a
    >>> job?

    >> Like it a lot, very configurable, used it (and its predecessor, Tiny
    >> - which is not the same as today's Tiny) for years.
    >>
    >> Info (including starter set of rules) here:
    >>
    >> http://www.blarp.com/faq/faqmanager.cgi?toc=kerio

    Strange - I d'loaded it a few days ago and had nothing like that!

    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend
    rifleman, Jul 1, 2003
  5. deemac

    deemac Guest

    Thanks rifleman - I'll try another download and see what happens
    there.

    deemac, Jul 1, 2003
  6. deemac

    deemac Guest

    Hot Damn - this time I got everything that is needed ( I think)
    Thanks for your comment. And I think your Land Rover needs a wash

    deemac, Jul 1, 2003
  7. deemac

    rifleman Guest

    In news:,
    deemac <> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his
    navel and typed:
    > Hot Damn - this time I got everything that is needed ( I think)
    > Thanks for your comment. And I think your Land Rover needs a wash
    >

    > On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:06:01 +0100, "rifleman" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> deemac <> contemplated the little bit of fluff
    >> in his navel and typed:
    >>> Blinky - downloaded the KPF but could not get anywhere with it.
    >>> All I could get was the dialogue box requiring my password - not
    >>> the one with tabs as shown in the help file. I gave up - afte
    >>> tearing out most of my hair.

    >> Strange - I d'loaded it a few days ago and had nothing like that!

    WASH? WASH? It'll fall to bits if I wash it! :)

    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend
    rifleman, Jul 1, 2003
  8. deemac

    deemac Guest

    On 1 Jul 2003 18:51:31 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >deemac wrote:
    >>
    >> Blinky - downloaded the KPF but could not get anywhere with it. All

    >Forget to close down your 59 background apps before installing new ware?

    Nah - just forgot to uninstall Mcafee first. All other 58 were just
    fine, thnx
    deemac, Jul 2, 2003
  9. deemac

    Plato Guest

    deemac wrote:

    > >> Blinky - downloaded the KPF but could not get anywhere with it. All

    > >Forget to close down your 59 background apps before installing new ware?

    > Nah - just forgot to uninstall Mcafee first. All other 58 were just
    > fine, thnx

    [grin]
    Plato, Jul 2, 2003
  10. deemac wrote:

    > Blinky - downloaded the KPF but could not get anywhere with it. All
    > I could get was the dialogue box requiring my password - not the one
    > with tabs as shown in the help file. I gave up - afte tearing out
    > most of my hair.

    Reminder: And now that you have that settled, make damn sure you do
    your homework here:

    >>http://www.blarp.com/faq/faqmanager.cgi?toc=kerio

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263