    TIA

    --
    Georges

    Georges Heinesch, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Georges Heinesch

    Notan Guest

    Georges Heinesch wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
    > 9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
    >
    > Is this a known problem?

    I'm confused... If you *already* had Kerio installed, what do you mean,
    "... had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end?"

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 26, 2005

  3. Notan wrote:

    > Georges Heinesch wrote:
    >
    >>Hi.
    >>
    >>I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
    >>9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
    >>
    >>Is this a known problem?

    > I'm confused... If you *already* had Kerio installed, what do you mean,
    > "... had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end?"

    PGP destroyed somehow the installed Kerio! Never had such an issue
    before. Kerio was properly installed and running. After the PGP
    installation (which went fine), I could not open the Kerio
    configuration. Also, Kerio showed messages of in/out packets all the
    time (only for 2 seconds, then disappearing).

    Good, he ... !

    Bye,

    --
    Georges

    Georges Heinesch, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Georges Heinesch wrote:

    > I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
    > 9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
    >
    > Is this a known problem?

    I tried it now with Kerio 4.2.0. Same story.

    After installing PGP 9.0.2, Kerio 4.2.0 doesn't work properly any more.
    The interesting part is that when uninstalling PGP, Kerio works again!

    --
    Georges

    Georges Heinesch, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Georges Heinesch

    Dazz Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:22:33 +0200, Georges Heinesch
    <> wrote:

    >Georges Heinesch wrote:
    >
    >> I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
    >> 9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
    >>
    >> Is this a known problem?

    >I tried it now with Kerio 4.2.0. Same story.
    >
    >After installing PGP 9.0.2, Kerio 4.2.0 doesn't work properly any more.
    >The interesting part is that when uninstalling PGP, Kerio works again!

    Perhaps PGP replaced some files that Kerio also utilises.

    Did you try reinstalling Kerio again (after you've installed PGP)?

    Dazz

    Dazz, Sep 28, 2005
  6. Dazz wrote:

    >>After installing PGP 9.0.2, Kerio 4.2.0 doesn't work properly any more.
    >>The interesting part is that when uninstalling PGP, Kerio works again!

    > Perhaps PGP replaced some files that Kerio also utilises.

    Well ... this problem should be known to the PGP makers ?! ;(

    > Did you try reinstalling Kerio again (after you've installed PGP)?

    I never came to the point where ...

    1. PGP was fully installed (the system doesn't let me).
    2. I can still properly work with the WinXP system, hence not allowing a
    new kerio installation.

    Thanks,

    --
    Georges

    Georges Heinesch, Sep 28, 2005
  7. Dazz wrote:

    > Perhaps PGP replaced some files that Kerio also utilises.

    Nope, see below ...

    > Did you try reinstalling Kerio again (after you've installed PGP)?

    Actually ... the Kerio installation is fine again after I uninstall PGP.
    Hence, it looks to me like PGP would be "blocking" Kerio from working
    properly. Very strange ...

    --
    Georges

    Georges Heinesch, Sep 28, 2005