Kentucky Engineeer's Test

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sano, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Sano

    Sano Guest

    KENTUCKY PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING EXAM

    We are sick and tired of hearing about how dumb people in the South are.
    We challenge any so-called smart Yankee to take this exam administered by
    the University of Kentucky Engineering Department:

    1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will
    support a 10-pound possum.

    2. Which of these cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks
    in your front yard? A '65 Ford Fairlane, a '69 Chevrolet, a '67 Chevelle,
    or a '64 Pontiac GTO.

    3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of 20 gallons
    of shine produced per hour, how many car radiators are required to
    condense the product?

    4. A woodcutter has a chainsaw that operates at 2700 RPM. The density of
    the pine trees in the plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is
    2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many
    Budweisers will be drunk before the trees are cut down?

    5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge of R-12
    simultaneously, what would be the percentage decrease in the ozone layer?

    6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a
    field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet.
    The porch floor is 1-inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how
    many hound dogs will be killed?

    7. A man owns a Tennessee house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an
    average slope of 15%. The man has five children. Can each of his grown
    children put a mobile home on the man's land and still have enough
    property for their electric appliances to sit out front?

    8. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding 900 yards down a steep
    slope on a secondary road at 45 MPH. The brakes fail. Given average
    traffic conditions on secondary roads, what is the probability that it
    will strike a vehicle with a muffler?

    9. A coal mine operates in a NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area. The
    mine employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the
    beginning of the 3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be
    smoked during the shift?

    10. At a reduction in the gene pool variability rate of 7.5% per
    generation, how long will it take a town that has been bypassed by the
    Interstate to breed a country-western singer?

    --
    * Would somebody
    please poke holes in

    Sano, Jan 31, 2004

  2. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:10:34 -0600, Sano wrote:

    snip

    1. .75 in.

    2. The Ford, but a 63 Dodge Dart will rust out even faster.

    3. If they don't leak, 11.

    4. 1081, or a shade over45 cases.

    5. 37%

    6. 5

    7. Yes, with room to spare for six adult grandchildren.

    8. 1 in 4

    9. 47 packs or 4.7 cartons

    10. 3 days.

    The Old Sourdough
    Beer!!11!! The staff of life.

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Sano

    Sano Guest

    - The Old Sourdough <> - spluttered in

    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:10:34 -0600, Sano wrote:
    >
    > snip
    >
    > 1. .75 in.
    >
    > 2. The Ford, but a 63 Dodge Dart will rust out even faster.

    Hey!!! I owned a '63 Dodge Dart. 170 slump-six. Put a cam in it, 4-speed,
    headers, (eventually) with the Offy intake manifold, a 2 bbl Rottenchester.
    I had tried running a way-too-big 4 bbl on it.

    And a rear end. ;) and a coupla clutches. The inner tubes split over the
    rust holes kept the crap off the windshield. Har-dee-har-har.

    --
    * Would somebody
    please poke holes in

    Sano, Feb 1, 2004
  4. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:17:35 -0600, Sano wrote:

    > - The Old Sourdough <> - spluttered in
    >
    >> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:10:34 -0600, Sano wrote:
    >>
    >> snip
    >>
    >> 1. .75 in.
    >>
    >> 2. The Ford, but a 63 Dodge Dart will rust out even faster.

    > Hey!!! I owned a '63 Dodge Dart. 170 slump-six. Put a cam in it, 4-speed,
    > headers, (eventually) with the Offy intake manifold, a 2 bbl
    > Rottenchester. I had tried running a way-too-big 4 bbl on it.
    >
    > And a rear end. ;) and a coupla clutches. The inner tubes split over the
    > rust holes kept the crap off the windshield. Har-dee-har-har.

    Ya know, those old slant-6 engines just refused to die. The rest of the
    car deteriorated into a rusting heap of scrap metal, but you could still
    get the thing started. :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Beer!!11!! The staff of life.

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Sano

    Boomer Guest

    The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:17:35 -0600, Sano wrote:
    >
    >> - The Old Sourdough <> - spluttered in
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:10:34 -0600, Sano wrote:
    >>>
    >>> snip
    >>>
    >>> 1. .75 in.
    >>>
    >>> 2. The Ford, but a 63 Dodge Dart will rust out even faster.

    >> Hey!!! I owned a '63 Dodge Dart. 170 slump-six. Put a cam in it,
    >> 4-speed, headers, (eventually) with the Offy intake manifold, a 2
    >> bbl Rottenchester. I had tried running a way-too-big 4 bbl on it.
    >>
    >> And a rear end. ;) and a coupla clutches. The inner tubes split
    >> over the rust holes kept the crap off the windshield.
    >> Har-dee-har-har.
    >>

    > Ya know, those old slant-6 engines just refused to die. The rest
    > of the car deteriorated into a rusting heap of scrap metal, but
    > you could still get the thing started. :)

    Thats when a car was a car!

    Boomer, Feb 1, 2004