    this in Vista, I was advised the best thing would be to return the mouse and
    try and get my money back.

    What a joke of a company. Sod them

    //// Owen \\\\\\\\, Oct 24, 2007

  2. ////  Owen \\\\\\\\

    Gordon Guest

    "//// Owen \\\\" <> wrote in message
    news:s7MTi.28519$G25.7726@edtnps89...

    > What a joke of a company. Sod them

    MS or Kensington? Or both?

    Gordon, Oct 24, 2007

  3. ////  Owen \\\\\\\\

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:26:32 GMT, "//// Owen \\\\\\\\"
    <> wrote:

    >Kensington will not provide a mouse driver for Vista. My Kensington mouse
    >does work in Vista, but I cannot configure the buttons. I was told by them
    >that MS has provided a way to this, but after repeatedly asking how I could
    >this in Vista, I was advised the best thing would be to return the mouse and
    >try and get my money back.
    >
    >What a joke of a company. Sod them

    So you bought a mouse that wasn't Vista compliant.

    Who's fault is that?

    Evan Platt, Oct 24, 2007
  4. ////  Owen \\\\\\\\

    JANA Guest

    Anything you use with Vista, must be Vista compliant in both hardware and
    software. This is a big problem for using older equipment with Vista. Many
    businesses are refusing Vista, and still ordering XP-Pro for their
    computers. If you talk to any major computer supplier, they can still sell
    XP-Pro if you insist that you want it.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Oct 25, 2007
  5. ////  Owen \\\\\\\\

    thanatoid Guest

    "//// Owen \\\\\\\\" <> wrote in

    > Kensington will not provide a mouse driver for Vista. My
    > Kensington mouse does work in Vista, but I cannot configure
    > the buttons. I was told by them that MS has provided a
    > way to this, but after repeatedly asking how I could this
    > in Vista, I was advised the best thing would be to return
    > the mouse and try and get my money back.
    >
    > What a joke of a company. Sod them

    If you are talking about the huge 4-button Kensigton trackball,
    they were the greatest. But you shouldn't blame the company for
    not wanting to write drivers for a mouse that's about 15 years
    old. They probably didn't think anyone was still using one. I'd
    like one myself, actually.

    If it's a different Kensigton, and the mouse is relatively new,
    they SHOULD write new drivers. OTOH, a new mouse can be as low
    as $3 or as much as $100.

    Of course, if MS weren't assholes, ANY fucking MOUSE would work
    with Disasta. I guess that's why they make mice and kbd's. A
    miracle most keyboards work with any Windows (AFAIK).

    thanatoid, Oct 25, 2007

    Plato Guest

    //// Owen \\\\ wrote:

    > Kensington will not provide a mouse driver for Vista. My Kensington mouse

    Then spend five dollars for a new mouse. Problem solved.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 27, 2007