    Guest Guest

    Happy april fools!

    Warner still doesn't have the balls to release this.
    Guest, Jul 7, 2003

  2. wrote:
    > Happy april fools!
    >
    > Warner still doesn't have the balls to release this.

    In the meantime you can enjoy Penderecki's opera "The Devils of Loudun."
    Both the movie and the opera are based on the same book by Aldous
    Huxley. I don't know that I would buy the DVD even if available, the
    torture scenes were extremely distressing. But obviously it is an
    important work of art that should be released.

    +Chase Kimball (), nom de Plum "Lord Brancaster"
    +aka "Hannibal" in the Quake Clan "Zero Tolerance."
    +Associate editor at http://www.gaminggroove.com
    +
    +"Sun-treader, light and life be thine for ever!" Robert Browning,
    +"Pauline."
    +
    +Visit my home page at http://www.aros.net/~chase to view the
    +virtual gallery of fantasy art of Jesse Allen, and the home site
    +of the Wasatch Avian Education Society.
    Chase Kimball, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Guest

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <1fxwmtk.imwrq21lrqvjkN%>, Peter
    Briggs <> wrote:

    > Lookingglass <> wrote:
    >
    > > ...and why won't Warner release this film on DVD?... other than perhaps not
    > > many people would buy it... Ken Russell is an acquired taste...

    > Well, sure. I mean -- look at "Lair Of The White Worm", or some of the
    > other more recent dross he's done.

    Lair of the White Worm is fun. Not great, I agree, but damned worth
    watching.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Guest

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote:

    > Lair of the White Worm is fun. Not great, I agree, but damned worth
    > watching.

    Oh, God...no! Even Amanda Donohue's patented "getting her kit off" act
    can't save it!
    Peter Briggs, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Guest

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <1fxzarx.jfvyp7152kb6uN%>, Peter
    Briggs <> wrote:

    > Invid Fan <> wrote:
    >
    > > Lair of the White Worm is fun. Not great, I agree, but damned worth
    > > watching.

    > Oh, God...no! Even Amanda Donohue's patented "getting her kit off" act
    > can't save it!

    It was the modern musical retelling of the legend that sucked me in.
    The film is a good, old fashioned B film in every sense.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Guest

    Clare Quilty Guest

    How much are the bloody DVD rights for The Devils?! I'll release it!!!

    Tony

    "Bexley" <> wrote in message
    > You asshole! Now you've made me hate you. What next: Welles'

    "Magnificent
    > Ambersons" restored?
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Happy april fools!
    > >
    > > Warner still doesn't have the balls to release this.
    > >

    > It takes a while to digitally remove any material that might give

    "offense" --
    > they're probably having Speilberg replace the flames with something less
    > threatening -- tomatoes, maybe? Ah, yes -- they tie him to a stake and

    throw
    > tomatoes at him. As long as it comes out in a cheap cardboard box with no
    > additional material and lot's of promos ("Maid In Manhattan"), I'll be

    happy.

    Clare Quilty, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Guest

    Lookingglass Guest

    Has THE DEVILS ever been released on video? What is the reason for NOT
    releasing it?

    --
    PEACE... Dave www.Shemakhan.com

    ....we know what we are, but know not what we may be.

    Shakespeare

    Lookingglass, Sep 2, 2003
  8. Guest

    HappyHunter Guest

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:48:05 GMT, "Lookingglass"
    <> wrote:

    >Has THE DEVILS ever been released on video? What is the reason for NOT
    >releasing it?

    It has been, cos someone lent me a copy of the video once, and it was
    the real thing (not a copy/pirate).

    not releasing it? something to do with blasphemy, as there's stuff
    like nuns simulating sex with a figure of Jesus, and suchlike.
    HappyHunter, Sep 2, 2003
  9. Guest

    Peter Briggs Guest

    HappyHunter <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:48:05 GMT, "Lookingglass"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Has THE DEVILS ever been released on video? What is the reason for NOT
    > >releasing it?

    > It has been, cos someone lent me a copy of the video once, and it was
    > the real thing (not a copy/pirate).
    >
    > not releasing it? something to do with blasphemy, as there's stuff
    > like nuns simulating sex with a figure of Jesus, and suchlike.

    This has been shown on BBC a couple of times in widescreen (I think I
    have a VHS somewhere.) Great film...this and "Altered States" are my
    two fave Russel movies (not counting "Billion Dollar Brain", I guess.)
    Peter Briggs, Sep 2, 2003
  10. On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:14:51 GMT, (HappyHunter) wrote:

    >On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:48:05 GMT, "Lookingglass"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Has THE DEVILS ever been released on video? What is the reason for NOT
    >>releasing it?

    >It has been, cos someone lent me a copy of the video once, and it was
    >the real thing (not a copy/pirate).
    >
    >not releasing it? something to do with blasphemy, as there's stuff
    >like nuns simulating sex with a figure of Jesus, and suchlike.

    I doubt it had anything to do with that.
    If Linda Blair can **** herself witha crucifix, then the nuns should have a go as well.

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>
    Prof. Speedbyrd, Sep 2, 2003
  11. Guest

    Bexley Guest

    The Devils has been out on VHS for years, and I've seen it on Showcase a couple
    of times -- unfortunately NOT in Widescreen. It IS a masterpiece. And WTF those
    WB morons haven't restored and re-released it yet is a mystery. But then again,
    they still can't bring themselves to show Eyes Wide Shut in it's original
    version.

    --Bex.

    Bexley, Sep 6, 2003