    with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
    suggestions?

    Gary
    NESTEGARD, Nov 24, 2003

  2. MemoriesOnTV

    http://www.picturetotv.com/

    "NESTEGARD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi:
    >
    > Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple

    where he
    > zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the

    same

    Jeff Zawrotny, Nov 24, 2003

  3. NESTEGARD

    Canopus Guest

    "Jeff Zawrotny" <> wrote in message
    > MemoriesOnTV
    >
    > http://www.picturetotv.com/>

    Now that does look very impressive. Thanks from me too.

    Rob
    Canopus, Nov 24, 2003
  4. NESTEGARD

    PTRAVEL Guest

    Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over digital
    stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also apply curves
    to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one does it all.

    Though I use Imaginate, I do most of this kind of work in Premiere 6.5,
    which can do this very nicely, except for scaled speeds and curved paths.

    Note that, for both programs, you'll wind up with an AVI file, which can be
    burned to DVD, SVCD or VCD.

    PTRAVEL, Nov 24, 2003
  5. NESTEGARD wrote:

    > Hi:
    >
    > Recently saw a nice slide show burned to DVD by a friend who has Apple where he
    > zoomed and panned on the image. Very nice effect, I would like to do the same
    > with my pc and play it on my bigscreen through the DVD player. Any
    > suggestions?

    Any good video editor should be able to do it. My Premiere 6.5 can.

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Nov 25, 2003
  6. NESTEGARD

    EarGuy Guest

    Here's a tutorial on this:

    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/175186.php

    Using the software cited earlier in this thread:

    http://www.picturetotv.com/

    For fifty bucks, looks like a good thing!

    Dave
    the Earguy

    EarGuy, Nov 25, 2003
  7. NESTEGARD

    Bill Guest

    I'm using autoproducer from www.muvee.com to do just that right now.
    Combining video and still images, it will either
    frame grab your video or leave it live in short clips, audio stays live if
    you want or you can drop an audio/music track in
    to the show. I have shown a few of my kids shows to people and they
    immediately wanted me to put one together for them.
    It is extremely easy to use and the final product is just amazing. It has
    several settings that would be useful for you, the one
    I use the most is personal as it zooms to faces and has really nice easy
    transitions. It's not as customizable as the big
    programs, but in 10 minutes I put 150 photos to music and it brought tears
    to several viewers. The photos were a big part
    of it, but the way the program transisitons keeps the viewers attention and
    like I said, it is really amazing. You can d/l a
    demo that puts an advertisement in the middle of your screen, but short of
    that I think it's full working. Try it out!

    Bill, Nov 25, 2003
  8. NESTEGARD

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    PTRAVEL wrote:

    > Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over
    > digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also
    > apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one
    > does it all.

    321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less.
    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 30, 2003
  9. NESTEGARD

    Tony Rice Guest

    "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in news:eek:Uqyb.28185
    $:

    >> Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over
    >> digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also
    >> apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one
    >> does it all.

    > 321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less.

    I've seen a couple of stand alone packages for producing this effect but I
    still keep going back to an old copy of Vegas Video. It certainly got a
    greater learning curve but that's what you get with added flexibility and
    functionality. The difference in results is like going from Microsoft
    Paint to PhotoShop.
    Tony Rice, Dec 1, 2003
  10. NESTEGARD

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Tony Rice wrote:
    > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in
    > news:eek:Uqyb.28185 $:
    >
    >>> Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over
    >>> digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can
    >>> also apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds.
    >>> This one does it all.

    >> 321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less.

    > I've seen a couple of stand alone packages for producing this effect
    > but I still keep going back to an old copy of Vegas Video. It
    > certainly got a greater learning curve but that's what you get with
    > added flexibility and functionality. The difference in results is
    > like going from Microsoft Paint to PhotoShop.

    You're right, but if you don't do video editing on a regular basis,
    why would you want to mess with an expensive and hard-to-learn
    piece of prosumer software like Vegas Video?

    I mean, if all you want is to burn a DVD with the so-called "Ken
    Burns effects" (after all, this is a photography NG), I think DVD
    X Show is the easiest and most cost-effective solution.

    My $.02, of course.
    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 1, 2003
  11. NESTEGARD

    Canopus Guest

    "Tony Rice" <> wrote in message
    > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in news:eek:Uqyb.28185
    > $:
    >
    > >> Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over
    > >> digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also
    > >> apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one
    > >> does it all.

    > > 321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less.

    > I've seen a couple of stand alone packages for producing this effect but I
    > still keep going back to an old copy of Vegas Video. It certainly got a
    > greater learning curve but that's what you get with added flexibility and
    > functionality. The difference in results is like going from Microsoft
    > Paint to PhotoShop.

    Imaginate is phenomenally over priced considering that you cannot lay down a
    sound track on it and DVDX Show requires a DVD burner, it doesn't burn VCD
    unfortunately otherwise I'd go for it. Maybe one day when I can be bothered
    getting a DVD burner... :)

    Rob
    Canopus, Dec 4, 2003