    Any ideas??

    Cheers

    James Forbes
    James, Jul 20, 2004

  2. James

    °Mike° Guest

    Go to Control Panel / System / Advanced tab.
    Under 'Startup and Recovery' press 'Settings'.
    Under 'System Failure' uncheck 'Automatically restart'.
    No, in the event of a failure, your system will
    not automatically reboot, and you should get
    an error message; you can also check your
    Event Viewer log ( Start / Run / eventvwr.msc )

    If this doesn't help, then check for overheating
    and/or bad RAM.

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:51:08 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cdjt3c$nst$>
    James scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2004

  3. James

    James Guest

    Cheers Mike, I'll give it a go!

    James, Jul 20, 2004
  4. James

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:04:55 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cdjtt7$hea$>
    James scrawled:

    >Cheers Mike, I'll give it a go!
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Go to Control Panel / System / Advanced tab.
    >> Under 'Startup and Recovery' press 'Settings'.
    >> Under 'System Failure' uncheck 'Automatically restart'.
    >> No, in the event of a failure, your system will
    >> not automatically reboot, and you should get
    >> an error message; you can also check your
    >> Event Viewer log ( Start / Run / eventvwr.msc )
    >>
    >> If this doesn't help, then check for overheating
    >> and/or bad RAM.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2004
  5. James

    James Guest

    Hi Mike,
    Tried your suggestion and the error message was as follows (as is probably
    no help at all!):

    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ AREA
    ***STOP: 0X00000050 (OXF44F2FEC, 0X00000000,) these are repeated twice.

    Does this mean anything to you ??

    Jim

    James, Jul 20, 2004
  6. James

    Hamman Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I have a system with AMD 2800xp cpu, 512 mb ram, 80gig hard drive running
    > windows xp pro and just recently it's started crashing and/or freezing
    > without any warning screens or messages.
    >
    > It seems to do it mostly when playing games such as the bowling one with

    XP
    > plus, but can also do it when doing a virus scan. Apart from this it seems
    > to run ok.
    >
    > Any ideas??
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > James Forbes

    google > memtest86

    download and do a full scan, then post the results here

    also, are you using any non-certified drivers?

    hamman
    Hamman, Jul 20, 2004
  7. James

    °Mike° Guest

    This is most likely a driver or system service fault.
    See:

    Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prmd_stp_ccgm.asp

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:24:14 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cdjv1d$5un$>
    James scrawled:

    >Hi Mike,
    >Tried your suggestion and the error message was as follows (as is probably
    >no help at all!):
    >
    >PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ AREA
    >***STOP: 0X00000050 (OXF44F2FEC, 0X00000000,) these are repeated twice.
    >
    >Does this mean anything to you ??
    >
    >Jim

    <snip>

    --