    FP2141SB-BK? Can I get just as good results with the MultiSync
    FP2141SB-BK and a spider?

    Sam
    Sam Carleton, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Sam Carleton

    Flycaster Guest

    "Sam Carleton" <> wrote in message
    news:eETzb.20318$...
    > I am looking at getting a new 22" monitor. One important criterion
    > is that I be able to color balance the monitor for digital
    > photography. Can I use any monitor or is there a reason, other then
    > the probe, why monitors like the NEC MultiSync FP2141SB-BK with
    > SpectraView are twice is twice as expensive as the NEC MultiSync
    > FP2141SB-BK? Can I get just as good results with the MultiSync
    > FP2141SB-BK and a spider?

    Buy a monitor that has separate color gun (gain) controls, and if you're
    going the hardware calibration/profiling route, choose a package that will
    allow you use the color guns to get a true white point, rather than
    adjustments to your video card. FWIW, you generally get what you pay for in
    both instances.

    Flycaster, Dec 5, 2003