    down Firefox, bit like Opera does.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony Yarwood, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Tony Yarwood wrote:
    > Hi Everybody
    >
    > Sorry to bother you all with this. I have searched for it but can't
    > find it nowhere :(
    >
    > What I'm after is an add-on that will keep my tabs open when I close
    > down Firefox, bit like Opera does.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Tony

    Not what you want, but open all the tab sites you want. Now
    click on Bookmarks, Bookmark All Tabs. Give it a name and
    put it somewhere. Now, click on Tools, Options, Main, and
    for the Home Page, click on Use Bookmark, and select that
    group of tabs.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 18, 2007

  3. Tony Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:33:41 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    >Tony Yarwood wrote:
    >> Hi Everybody
    >>
    >> Sorry to bother you all with this. I have searched for it but can't
    >> find it nowhere :(
    >>
    >> What I'm after is an add-on that will keep my tabs open when I close
    >> down Firefox, bit like Opera does.
    >>
    >> Best regards
    >>
    >> Tony

    >Not what you want, but open all the tab sites you want. Now
    >click on Bookmarks, Bookmark All Tabs. Give it a name and
    >put it somewhere. Now, click on Tools, Options, Main, and
    >for the Home Page, click on Use Bookmark, and select that
    >group of tabs.

    Give it a whirl...thanks Peter :)

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony Yarwood, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Tony Yarwood

    Tony Raven Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:27:55 +0100, Tony Yarwood wrote:

    > Hi Everybody
    >
    > Sorry to bother you all with this. I have searched for it but can't find
    > it nowhere :(
    >
    > What I'm after is an add-on that will keep my tabs open when I close
    > down Firefox, bit like Opera does.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Tony

    What's wrong with using the Session Manager to restore the last session
    when you restart? Or have I misunderstood what you are after?

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Aug 18, 2007
  5. Tony Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:16:30 -0500, Tony Raven
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:27:55 +0100, Tony Yarwood wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Everybody
    >>
    >> Sorry to bother you all with this. I have searched for it but can't find
    >> it nowhere :(
    >>
    >> What I'm after is an add-on that will keep my tabs open when I close
    >> down Firefox, bit like Opera does.

    >What's wrong with using the Session Manager to restore the last session
    >when you restart? Or have I misunderstood what you are after?

    Hi Tony

    Not too familiar with Firefox, just had a quick look can't seem to see
    any session manager.

    What I want is...say I've got say 5 or 6 tabs open when I shut down,
    that they reappear when I fire it up in the morning. I remember years
    ago there used to be an add-on that did this.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony Yarwood, Aug 18, 2007
  6. Tony Yarwood

    Tony Raven Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:33:53 +0100, Tony Yarwood wrote:

    > Hi Tony
    >
    > Not too familiar with Firefox, just had a quick look can't seem to see
    > any session manager.
    >
    > What I want is...say I've got say 5 or 6 tabs open when I shut down,
    > that they reappear when I fire it up in the morning. I remember years
    > ago there used to be an add-on that did this.

    You can use the built in Session Saver, details of which are at
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/SessionSaver

    Easier and better though IMO is the Session Manager extension which will
    do exactly what you want and more such as restoring closed tabs during a
    session.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Aug 18, 2007
  7. Tony Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    Tony Yarwood, Aug 18, 2007
  8. Tony Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 21:17:58 +0100, Tony Yarwood
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:22:17 -0500, Tony Raven
    ><> wrote:
    >>
    >>You can use the built in Session Saver, details of which are at
    >>http://kb.mozillazine.org/SessionSaver
    >>
    >>Easier and better though IMO is the Session Manager extension which will
    >>do exactly what you want and more such as restoring closed tabs during a
    >>session.
    >>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2324

    Just tried it out..does what it says on the box..perfect :)

    Many thanks for your time and trouble.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Tony Yarwood, Aug 18, 2007
  9. On 2007-08-18, Tony Yarwood <> wrote:

    > Sorry to bother you all with this. I have searched for it but can't
    > find it nowhere :(
    >
    > What I'm after is an add-on that will keep my tabs open when I close
    > down Firefox, bit like Opera does.

    There are a number of extensions/add-ons that provide this. I use
    "Tab-mix-plus" http://tmp.garyr.net/

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Aug 19, 2007