    little or no IT knowledge so I just want to cover my back!

    TIA

    Big Dave

    Dave P-B, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Dave P-B

    mto Guest

    "Dave P-B" <> wrote in message
    news:bimm20$jsp$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a piece of software that will record all activity on

    my
    > pc (file transfers over the network, who logged on etc)
    >
    > I'm not paranoid but some IT departments are tending to bully those with
    > little or no IT knowledge so I just want to cover my back!
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Big Dave

    If you have little or no IT knowledge then installing a key-logger on your
    *employer's computer* to "cover your back" would be an exceedingly foolish
    thing to do - one that would really give the IT department a good reason to
    bully you and raise the distinct possibility of being fired for tampering
    with the equipment.

    mto, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Dave P-B

    Dave P-B Guest

    "mto" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave P-B" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know of a piece of software that will record all activity on

    > my
    > > pc (file transfers over the network, who logged on etc)
    > >
    > > I'm not paranoid but some IT departments are tending to bully those with
    > > little or no IT knowledge so I just want to cover my back!
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Big Dave

    > If you have little or no IT knowledge then installing a key-logger on your
    > *employer's computer* to "cover your back" would be an exceedingly foolish
    > thing to do - one that would really give the IT department a good reason

    > bully you and raise the distinct possibility of being fired for tampering
    > with the equipment.

    I do have a great deal of IT experience, the rest for the query is that
    those who have a great deal of knowledge abuse that fact and often use it
    against those who have little or no knowledge.

    Dave P-B, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Dave P-B

    Peter Young Guest

    "Dave P-B" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a piece of software that will record all activity on

    my
    > pc (file transfers over the network, who logged on etc)

    Under NT/2K (and I presume XP - basically all NT OSs) you can set up
    performance monitors for this purpose.

    -Pete

    Peter Young, Aug 29, 2003