Keep this stuff out of this group!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Keith, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    This is not computer related stuff... KEEP SPAM OUT!

    Keith, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Keith

    XPD Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > This is not computer related stuff... KEEP SPAM OUT!

    Never even saw it in here until you posted it.

    XPD, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Keith

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > > This is not computer related stuff... KEEP SPAM OUT!

    > Never even saw it in here until you posted it.

    Same here, and by posting the scums details Keith has spammed the group
    himself.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Sorry people...

    Sorry I spammed the group, but who wants this stuff here??? Not me!

    Keith, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Keith

    XPD Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry I spammed the group, but who wants this stuff here??? Not me!
    >
    > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Never even saw it in here until you posted it.

    > > Same here, and by posting the scums details Keith has spammed the group
    > > himself.
    > >
    > > E. Scrooge

    Well yeah, noone does but noone else seems to have seen that post except you
    :) Maybe time to change news supplier ? ;)

    XPD, Jan 3, 2004
  6. Re: Sorry people...

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:08:24 +1300, "Keith" <>
    scribbled:

    >Sorry I spammed the group, but who wants this stuff here??? Not me!

    Why do you have to make a new thread with another title everytime you
    reply?

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Keith

    XPD Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    "Phillip Weston" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:08:24 +1300, "Keith" <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    > >Sorry I spammed the group, but who wants this stuff here??? Not me!

    > Why do you have to make a new thread with another title everytime you
    > reply?

    Because he can ? :p

    XPD, Jan 3, 2004
  8. Keith

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry I spammed the group, but who wants this stuff here??? Not me!

    Looks like some of us at least never saw it in the first place until seeing
    it in your post about it.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jan 3, 2004
  9. Keith

    Lebowski Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > > Sorry I spammed the group, but who wants this stuff here??? Not me!

    > Looks like some of us at least never saw it in the first place until

    seeing
    > it in your post about it.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Nope I never saw it either...and if I did I would simply bypass it
    altogether and turn a blind eye, let alone draw attention to it.

    Lebowski, Jan 3, 2004
  10. Keith

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    Lebowski wrote:
    > "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >>> Sorry I spammed the group, but who wants this stuff here??? Not me!

    >> Looks like some of us at least never saw it in the first place until
    >> seeing it in your post about it.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Nope I never saw it either...and if I did I would simply bypass it
    > altogether and turn a blind eye, let alone draw attention to it.

    I didn't see it either, I'm thinking maybe he replied to the wrong group.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 3, 2004
  11. Re: Sorry people...

    > I didn't see it either, I'm thinking maybe he replied to the wrong group.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    No it was here, i can see the original.

    How about we all just let it drop?

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Jan 3, 2004
  12. Keith

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:21:24 +1300, "XPD" <>
    wrote:

    >"Keith" <> wrote in message
    >> This is not computer related stuff... KEEP SPAM OUT!

    >Never even saw it in here until you posted it.

    Same here.

    GraB, Jan 3, 2004
  13. Keith

    Tim Hogard Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    ~misfit~ (~misfit~@his_desk.com) wrote:
    :
    : I didn't see it either, I'm thinking maybe he replied to the wrong group.

    Nope, it get in the group and a few others as well.

    From what I can tell, it got into ihugs server from mine who got it
    from a new site who needs to be a bit more careful of who the talk to
    but it might have been from one of their upstream sites as well.
    Once it hit ihug it found its way to at least clear.net.nz as well and
    I'm not sure how far it got before a cancelbot found it and killed it.

    Since I'm going to have to track this leak down, does anyone have the
    original that didn't go through abnormal, ihug or ttsg?

    There is a path like like this:

    Some of the path line is forged and I need to find out how far back.
    I expect its before news.maxwell.syr.edu but a few more Path lines
    would help. Meanwhile, I think its time to take netvigator out
    of the list of sites that can post.

    -tim
    http://web.abnormal.com

    Tim Hogard, Jan 3, 2004
  14. Keith

    MarkH Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote in news:_RrJb.91$9k7.16200
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > Lebowski wrote:
    >> "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Looks like some of us at least never saw it in the first place until
    >>> seeing it in your post about it.
    >>>
    >>> E. Scrooge
    >>>

    >> Nope I never saw it either...and if I did I would simply bypass it
    >> altogether and turn a blind eye, let alone draw attention to it.

    > I didn't see it either, I'm thinking maybe he replied to the wrong group.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I didn’t see it, but I do block cross-posted messages that are posted to
    more than a total of two groups. Maybe the spam was cross-posted.

    Keith should have replied to the original message without changing the
    subject and stated that it was spam and didn’t belong here. He should have
    also made a point of not quoting the original details. Thanks to Keith a
    lot more of us have seen the spam then would have otherwise.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Jan 3, 2004
  15. Keith

    techie Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:53:35 -0600, Stephen Williams wrote:

    >> I didn't see it either, I'm thinking maybe he replied to the wrong
    >> group. --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > No it was here, i can see the original.
    >
    > How about we all just let it drop?

    My comment on the whole matter:

    How many posters does it take to change a lightbulb?

    1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

    1 to move it to the alt.lighting newsgroup

    2 to argue then move it to the rec.electricity newsgroup

    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

    5 to flame the spell checkers

    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

    36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

    7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

    4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

    13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

    techie, Jan 3, 2004
  16. Keith

    Peter KERR Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    From: " JetCo " <>
    Newsgroups: nz.comp
    Subject: Beijing <-> ShangHai US$50 !! Limited Time ONLY
    Date: 2 Jan 2004 18:14:30 GMT
    r-mail

    See how many lightbulbs you can change with that ;-)

    Peter KERR, Jan 3, 2004
  17. Keith

    pete Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    "techie" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:53:35 -0600, Stephen Williams wrote:
    >

    > >> I didn't see it either, I'm thinking maybe he replied to the wrong
    > >> group. --
    > >> ~misfit~
    > >>

    > > No it was here, i can see the original.
    > >
    > > How about we all just let it drop?

    > My comment on the whole matter:
    >
    > How many posters does it take to change a lightbulb?
    >
    > 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been

    changed

    > 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light

    bulb could have been changed differently

    > 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    >
    > 1 to move it to the alt.lighting newsgroup
    >
    > 2 to argue then move it to the rec.electricity newsgroup
    >
    > 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light

    bulbs

    > 5 to flame the spell checkers
    >
    > 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    >
    > 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6

    to condemn those 6 as stupid

    > 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is

    "lamp"

    > 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light

    bulb" is perfectly correct

    The current term within the industry is "luminaire" :)

    pete, Jan 3, 2004
  18. Keith

    harry Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    pete wrote:
    > "techie" <> wrote in message

    >>> No it was here, i can see the original.
    >>>
    >>> How about we all just let it drop?

    >> My comment on the whole matter:
    >>
    >> How many posters does it take to change a lightbulb?
    >>
    >> 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has
    >> been changed
    >>
    >> 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
    >> light

    > bulb could have been changed differently
    >>
    >> 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    >>
    >> 1 to move it to the alt.lighting newsgroup
    >>
    >> 2 to argue then move it to the rec.electricity newsgroup
    >>
    >> 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing
    >> light bulbs
    >>
    >> 5 to flame the spell checkers
    >>
    >> 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    >>
    >> 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
    >> another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
    >>
    >> 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term
    >> is "lamp"
    >>
    >> 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that
    >> "light bulb" is perfectly correct

    > The current term within the industry is "luminaire" :)

    Newfangled rubbish, I like "globe" myself, but the I like to listen to the
    "wireless" :)

    The term luminaire includes the housing fixture reflector and base and any
    attached lenses and or diffusors, at least it does with cinematic and
    theatrical luminaires.
    You can get luminiares without bulbs, just carbon rods.

    harry, Jan 3, 2004
  19. Keith

    Enkidu Guest

    Re: Sorry people...

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:58:48 -0600, techie <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:53:35 -0600, Stephen Williams wrote:
    >

    >>> I didn't see it either, I'm thinking maybe he replied to the wrong
    >>> group. --
    >>> ~misfit~
    >>>

    >> No it was here, i can see the original.
    >>
    >> How about we all just let it drop?

    >My comment on the whole matter:
    >
    >How many posters does it take to change a lightbulb?

    [snip]

    where the bit where a) a bunch of posters resort to personal abuse,
    citing prior examples of personal abuse in other threads and other
    newsgroups. b) spin off threads with the same title, but discussing
    something totally different, like the effect of streetlighting on
    backyard astronomy.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
    that I could cope with twice.

    Enkidu, Jan 3, 2004