    Thanks much,

    Mike Christie
    mike [at] csquared [dot] com

    MikeChristie, Dec 2, 2005

  2. MikeChristie

    Kevin Guest

    The problem could be the Windows wireless application tool. You should be
    using the Intel (or whatever) wireless app to configure and control your
    wireless connectivity.

    Kevin, Dec 3, 2005

  3. MikeChristie

    __spc__ Guest

    >I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router, and three laptops that all
    > use the built-in Windows XP wireless tool. I experience a loss of
    > connection with some frequency. This seems to happen more (although I
    > may be imagining) when the room temperature is colder. Also, the
    > laptops are frequently unable find the Linksys signal. I will
    > experience these things even when I am in the same room with the
    > router. This is particularly annoying on my work laptop, as I have to
    > reconnect to the VPN every time this happens.
    >
    > Is there a wireless setting I should change somewhere? Or could I
    > avoid this problem by buying a router with a stronger signal? Any
    > suggestions as to brand and model?
    >
    > Thanks much,
    >
    > Mike Christie
    > mike [at] csquared [dot] com

    Sounds like an interference issue. Change channel on the router; say, from
    1 to 6, or 6 to 11 - it may be that other WAPs are broadcasting on the same
    frequency (and their SSIDs may not be broadcast so netstumbler won't show
    them).

    If there's a reconnect issue, you may want to Google for winsockXPfix.exe

    __spc__, Dec 3, 2005
  4. MikeChristie

    Ryan Younger Guest

    The following article may be of help:

    Wireless Connection Troubleshooting in Windows XP Service Pack 2

    Available at:

    http://spaces.msn.com/members/wirelessnetworking/

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    Networking Weblog

    Ryan Younger, Dec 3, 2005
  5. MikeChristie

    Bob Guest

    i had same problem i stopped using win xp wireless tool and used the intel 1
    instead

    Bob, Dec 3, 2005