    Using winxp

    Martin
    ©¿©¬

    Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Martin ©¿©¬  @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com

    Trent SC Guest

    The printer icon usually appears in your system tray only when it is working
    (i.e. printing), which might explain why it keeps disappearing.

    That said, you should be able to set your preferences before you print a
    document. For example, in Word, click on File > Print and then properties.

    In addition, you should be able to set default preferences by accessing your
    printer properties in the Control Panel.

    Trent SC, Jun 8, 2004

  3. On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:09:59 +0100, "Trent SC"
    <> wrote:

    >The printer icon usually appears in your system tray only when it is working
    >(i.e. printing), which might explain why it keeps disappearing.
    >
    >That said, you should be able to set your preferences before you print a
    >document. For example, in Word, click on File > Print and then properties.
    >
    >In addition, you should be able to set default preferences by accessing your
    >printer properties in the Control Panel.

    Hi Trent

    It's just that i seem to remember my printer icon was always available
    in the sys tray, maybe i'm mistaken, perhaps in win98
    So i put a shortcut on my desktop because i like to have the option of
    setting my print preferences without having to fire up a doc to
    check/change them.
    However, *open toolbox* to check ink levels, is only available via the
    icon

    Thanks
    Martin
    ©¿©¬

    Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote:

    > I keep loosing my HP printer settings icon from the sys tray

    If it's still loose, then tighten it. Use a virtual Phillips
    screwdriver. Counterclockwise tightens.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote:

    >> I keep loosing my HP printer settings icon from the sys tray

    > If it's still loose, then tighten it. Use a virtual Phillips
    > screwdriver. Counterclockwise tightens.

    No, it doesn't. Counterclockwise loosens. I have no idea who was
    talking to my fingers when I typed that.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 8, 2004
  6. Martin ©¿©¬  @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:56:28 +0100, Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote:

    >Hi
    >I keep loosing my HP printer settings icon from the sys tray

    Loosing it eh? Does it float around the desktop?

    >Re-loaded the software and the icon returned
    >But today the icon has disappeared again

    Not loose this time?

    >When i go to print a doc i can set my preferences OK, it's just that
    >without the icon i can't set my preferences beforehand

    And something is causing your I to become i.

    >Can someone help me get my printer icon to 'stick' in the sys tray

    Have you tried glue?

    >Using winxp

    That won't do it.

    >Martin

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Jun 9, 2004
  7. Martin ©¿©¬  @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On 8 Jun 2004 17:44:54 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote:
    >
    >> I keep loosing my HP printer settings icon from the sys tray

    >If it's still loose, then tighten it. Use a virtual Phillips
    >screwdriver. Counterclockwise tightens.

    If you love something you should let it loose.

    >--
    >Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    >Nigerian Scam From Space http://snipurl.com/iss419