KDS XF-7b Monitor Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nick, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Nick

Nick Guest

Hi All,

I have a question about a new KDS XF-7b 17" flatscreen crt monitor that I just purchased for my sister. When any major appliance comes on like
    a diswasher, washing machine etc, the monitor seems to flicker in certain sections of the screen. The appliances are on different floors of our house.
    Also the monitor that this has replaced was an old compaq 15" which never did this. Is this a defect in the monitor? I read somehwere that this could
    happen if the shielding around the monitor cable is not thick enough to keep the interference away. Is this the cause of the problem? What suggestions
    does anyone have as to which 17" crt flat screen monitor to get? I had a look at Best Buy's 17" Samsung 765MB monitor...is this any good?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Nick, Jan 15, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. Nick

Harrison Guest

Sounds like the other appliances are on the same circuit, even though
    they're on different floors. They require the most power at startup
    and they are briefly overburdening the circuit. A small UPS may help
    with the computer and monitor.
    A separate circuit would be the best solution.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:17:56 -0500, Nick
    <> wrote:

>Hi All,
    >
    > I have a question about a new KDS XF-7b 17" flatscreen crt monitor that I just purchased for my sister. When any major appliance comes on like
    >a diswasher, washing machine etc, the monitor seems to flicker in certain sections of the screen. The appliances are on different floors of our house.
    >Also the monitor that this has replaced was an old compaq 15" which never did this. Is this a defect in the monitor? I read somehwere that this could
    >happen if the shielding around the monitor cable is not thick enough to keep the interference away. Is this the cause of the problem? What suggestions
    >does anyone have as to which 17" crt flat screen monitor to get? I had a look at Best Buy's 17" Samsung 765MB monitor...is this any good?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Nick
    Harrison, Jan 15, 2004
    1. Advertising

3. Nick

°Mike° Guest

Please adjust your line wrap to 72 characters.
    Options / Posting Preferences / General tab.

Check: Word-wrap quoted printable messages
    Set 'Line length' to 72.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:17:56 -0500, in
    <>
    Nick scrawled:

>Hi All,
    >
    > I have a question about a new KDS XF-7b 17" flatscreen crt monitor that I just purchased for my sister. When any major appliance comes on like
    >a diswasher, washing machine etc, the monitor seems to flicker in certain sections of the screen. The appliances are on different floors of our house.
    >Also the monitor that this has replaced was an old compaq 15" which never did this. Is this a defect in the monitor? I read somehwere that this could
    >happen if the shielding around the monitor cable is not thick enough to keep the interference away. Is this the cause of the problem? What suggestions
    >does anyone have as to which 17" crt flat screen monitor to get? I had a look at Best Buy's 17" Samsung 765MB monitor...is this any good?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Nick

--
    Basic computer maintenance
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    °Mike°, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Nick

Nick Guest

Thanks I'll try a different line and hope that takes care of the issue.

Nick

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:34:11 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

>Sounds like the other appliances are on the same circuit, even though
    >they're on different floors. They require the most power at startup
    >and they are briefly overburdening the circuit. A small UPS may help
    >with the computer and monitor.
    >A separate circuit would be the best solution.
    >
    >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:17:56 -0500, Nick
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >> I have a question about a new KDS XF-7b 17" flatscreen crt monitor that I just purchased for my sister. When any major appliance comes on like
    >>a diswasher, washing machine etc, the monitor seems to flicker in certain sections of the screen. The appliances are on different floors of our house.
    >>Also the monitor that this has replaced was an old compaq 15" which never did this. Is this a defect in the monitor? I read somehwere that this could
    >>happen if the shielding around the monitor cable is not thick enough to keep the interference away. Is this the cause of the problem? What suggestions
    >>does anyone have as to which 17" crt flat screen monitor to get? I had a look at Best Buy's 17" Samsung 765MB monitor...is this any good?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Nick
    Nick, Jan 16, 2004
    1. Advertising