    also the .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix. I receive an error message stating "The
    installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the
    source exists and that you can access it". Now what do I do?
    cryin carla, Nov 2, 2009

  2. cryin carla

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carla:
    The following solution came from Sherlock in a previous post, dated
    10-16-2009. "Solution--Uninstall .Net Framework 1.1 from add/remove
    programs. This automatically removes an earlier hot fix which I think is
    causing the problem. Restart computer and go to windows update as normal and
    check for
    updates. If all is well you will reinstall .Net Framework 1.1 and the
    problem update KB953297 successfully. This worked on both my laptops but for
    some reason I had to try 2 times before the update KB953297 successfully
    installed on one of my laptops. Good luck." < Have a great day.
    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4565 (20091102) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    Dennis Pack, Nov 2, 2009

  3. cryin carla

    Carlos Guest

    Carla,
    Cry no more!
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/08/406671.aspx
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 2, 2009
  4. Microsoft provides support for update problems. For this one go to
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297 and follow the links for assistance.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 2, 2009
  5. cryin carla

    cryin carla Guest

    I'm an accountant! Not an IT genius! I am attempting to follow the
    instructions per the link, but I just can't seem to figure it out . . . any
    suggestions?

    cryin carla, Nov 3, 2009
  6. Then try the info that Carlos pointed to @
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/08/406671.aspx

    Other than that I would strongly recommend finding someone who is fairly
    savvy and request some assistance.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 3, 2009