kb914784 update ..................my two cents

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by hught1956, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. hught1956

    hught1956 Guest

    it aggravates me that Microsoft would release a patch that
    breaks any 64 bit software It isnt like there is a ton of 64 bit
    software available to begin with This same patch is causing
    reboot loops and bsod's as well for some users I understand
    these security updates are necessary from time to time but I
    would think Microsoft would do their homework before they
    release the patch Someone at Microsoft had to know this patch
    was going to cause issues for at least some people I use Daemon
    and Alcohol alot so it is definately an issure for me so for now
    I am running without the patch but of course that little
    security icon is on all the time now So now we people who use
    this software have to wait and see if the software vendors will
    fix their software to suit Microsofts OS yet again I feel sorry
    for the folks with the reboots and bsod's ..........what a pain
    Sorry for the rant but I had to say it ht :)

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
    hught1956, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Well, on one hand I'm glad to see I'm not the only one for whom the latest
    updates have broken Daemon Tools, as I couldn't find any reference (at least
    as of last week) to problems on Google or on their web site. I'll take
    another look............
    Homer J. Simpson, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Homer J. Simpson, Jun 19, 2006
  4. hught1956

    Peter Lawton Guest

    I suspect MS always were very well aware of the problems it was going to
    cause, but reasoned that if they just sneaked it out on x64 systems there
    wouldn't be enough users to raise a huge fuss about it, unlike if they'd
    rolled it out to 32bit systems.

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Jun 19, 2006