    All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio files.
    Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
    files? Thanks.

    righter, Oct 20, 2003

  2. righter

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:42:15 -0700, "righter" <>
    wrote:

    >All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio files.
    >Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
    >files? Thanks.

    Use Gspot to determine the required codec.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Harrison
    Skype:windowshelp

    Harrison, Oct 20, 2003

  3. righter

    hugh jass Guest

    First of all, you should know that use of Kazaa or other P2P tools is
    considered against the law. It may be risky!
    If you are willing to take this risk, then get rid of Kazaa and use
    Kazaa-Lite. It's the same thing, only no ads or spyware and faster. You
    can find this version at http://www.klitesite.com/.
    It's on the left side under Downloads and is called 'Kazaa Lite K++.'
    Just under this, you'll see something called 'K-Lite Codec Pack.' Download
    and install this and you'll have all the codecs you need to play your video
    files.
    g'luck, hj.

    --
    ______________________
    "righter" <> wrote in message
    : All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio
    files.
    : Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
    : files? Thanks.
    :
    :

    hugh jass, Oct 20, 2003
  4. righter

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:45:55 -0400, "hugh jass"
    <> scribbled:

    >First of all, you should know that use of Kazaa or other P2P tools is
    >considered against the law. It may be risky!

    First of all you should know that that statement is complete
    and total bullshit. It is NOT illegal to install, run or use P2P
    software.

    >If you are willing to take this risk, then get rid of Kazaa and use

    The only risks involved are when you decided to download
    or share copywritten material.

    >Kazaa-Lite. It's the same thing, only no ads or spyware and faster. You
    >can find this version at http://www.klitesite.com/.
    >It's on the left side under Downloads and is called 'Kazaa Lite K++.'
    >Just under this, you'll see something called 'K-Lite Codec Pack.' Download
    >and install this and you'll have all the codecs you need to play your video
    >files.

    Hardly all.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Oct 20, 2003
  5. righter

    3263232 Guest

    lol, that's what I was gonna say.

    3263232, Oct 20, 2003
  6. righter

    hugh jass Guest

    holy shite... you try to help someone out and put in a disclaimer while
    you're at it and people jump all over you. i apologize for posting here -
    didn't realize it was a pissing contest.

    --
    ______________________
    : "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    : news:tbt7pv8si00goas0m0sebq8617uk9badpo@news-server...
    : > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:45:55 -0400, "hugh jass"
    : > <> scribbled:
    : >
[...]
    : > --

    hugh jass, Oct 21, 2003
  7. righter

    righter Guest

    "Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:42:15 -0700, "righter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >All I get are "visualizations", which I can get with plain ole audio

    files.
    > >Anybody know a specific codec or codecs that I need to play these certain
    > >files? Thanks.
    > >

    > Use Gspot to determine the required codec.
    > http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Thanks, bud. Any special instructions a novice needs to work this thing?
    Sure would appreciate it.

    righter, Oct 21, 2003
  8. righter

    righter Guest

    "hugh jass" <> wrote in message
    > holy shite... you try to help someone out and put in a disclaimer while
    > you're at it and people jump all over you. i apologize for posting here -
    > didn't realize it was a pissing contest.

    I appreciated it.

    righter, Oct 22, 2003