Kazaa Uninstallation problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Sunny, May 1, 2004.

  1. Sunny

    Sunny Guest

    I have the following problems:

    1) I can't uninstall Kazaa. When I try removing the software in the control
    panel, it says that I have to close the program. After doing it, it still
    asks me to close the program. What shall I do? Is there any other way to
    uninstall it

    2) When I try to open my IE to surf, alot of different websites open up and
    popups appear. How do I avoid that?

    3) I download alot of stuff from the website, but while doing it my computer
    catches alot of virus. Is there a way where I could download alot of stuff
    and at the same time prevent from getting virus. Alternatively, could I keep
    two hard disk - One for download purposes and another as a permanent space
    (where all my important files are there) unless ofcourse if u have any other
    suggestion.

    I would appreciate if someone out there could help me.

    Thanks.
    Sunny
    Sunny, May 1, 2004

  2. Sunny

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Sunny" <> wrote in

    > 1) I can't uninstall Kazaa. When I try removing the software in the
    > control panel, it says that I have to close the program. After doing
    > it, it still asks me to close the program. What shall I do? Is there
    > any other way to uninstall it

    Open up your Task Manager (control + alt + del) and make sure that Kazaa
    is not running. Also make sure none of it's spyware components are
    running

    > 2) When I try to open my IE to surf, alot of different websites open
    > up and popups appear. How do I avoid that?

    Run Spybot: Search and Destroy to remove the spyware and adware on your
    machine

    > 3) I download alot of stuff from the website, but while doing it my
    > computer catches alot of virus. Is there a way where I could download
    > alot of stuff and at the same time prevent from getting virus.
    > Alternatively, could I keep two hard disk - One for download purposes
    > and another as a permanent space (where all my important files are
    > there) unless ofcourse if u have any other suggestion.

    This will not work, viruses don't care what drive they get run from. Get
    a decent AV program like Norton, keep it up to date, and stop downloading
    porn and/or pirated software and music and you won't have any problems.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 1, 2004

  3. Sunny

    Guest

    On Sat, 1 May 2004 18:03:13 +0800, "Sunny" <>
    spewed forth:

    >I have the following problems:
    >
    >1) I can't uninstall Kazaa. When I try removing the software in the control
    >panel, it says that I have to close the program. After doing it, it still
    >asks me to close the program. What shall I do? Is there any other way to
    >uninstall it
    >
    >2) When I try to open my IE to surf, alot of different websites open up and
    >popups appear. How do I avoid that?
    >
    >3) I download alot of stuff from the website, but while doing it my computer
    >catches alot of virus. Is there a way where I could download alot of stuff
    >and at the same time prevent from getting virus. Alternatively, could I keep
    >two hard disk - One for download purposes and another as a permanent space
    >(where all my important files are there) unless ofcourse if u have any other
    >suggestion.
    >
    >I would appreciate if someone out there could help me.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >Sunny

    I would suggest starting up your PC in safe mode by selecting F8
    during windows boot up. This will bypass any startup files running in
    the background and should allow you to uninstall Kazaa.
    I would also suggest updating your anti-virus as well as downloading
    and running Ad-aware or Spybot Search and Destroy to rid yourself of
    all of the Malware/Spyware spurned from installing Kazaa.
    Your pop-ups are likely a result from installing this spyware, so in
    the future I would suggest staying away from Kazaa, E Donkey, Gator,
    Bonzi buddy, Etc.

    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.security.kolla.de
    --
    Mark

    Otherwise known as
    ------------
    Cablenetguy
    , May 1, 2004
  4. Sunny

    Vanessa S. Guest

    Do a Google search using the words "uninstall kazaa" and you'll come up with
    tons of stuff. I downloaded an uninstaller a while back and it took care of
    my son's machine..

    --
    Vanessa

    Vanessa S., May 1, 2004