    Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    with it but it won't download from them.
    GraB, May 2, 2004

  2. On Sun, 02 May 2004 23:33:01 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    >update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    >Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.

    I managed to get K-Lite 2.6, found a link on a web site but its no longer
    there some months back..

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 2, 2004

  3. GraB

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 02 May 2004 23:33:01 +1200, GraB wrote:

    > What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    > update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    > Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.
    >
    > Apart from WinMX which hasn't been updated for ages, another
    > spyware-free P2P prog is eMule Plus, derived from eDonkey, with
    > enhancements. I downloaded this but haven't installed it yet. Anyone
    > tried this one?
    >
    > Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    > finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    > with it but it won't download from them.

    CleanKMD

    --

    .... Brendan

    ABDICATION, n. An act whereby a sovereign attests his sense of the high temperature of the throne. -- Ambrose Bierce

    Note: All comments are copyright 3/05/2004 12:37:41 a.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, May 2, 2004
  4. GraB

    samg Guest

    GraB <> wrote in news:2lm990pujfjiu8g2udbc7rfvq3b64scbni@
    4ax.com:

    > What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    > update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    > Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.
    >
    > Apart from WinMX which hasn't been updated for ages, another
    > spyware-free P2P prog is eMule Plus, derived from eDonkey, with
    > enhancements. I downloaded this but haven't installed it yet. Anyone
    > tried this one?
    >
    > Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    > finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    > with it but it won't download from them.

    yep its been killed so the one to use now is diet kazaa. Download and
    install the official kazaa client then install diet kazaa.

    http://dietk.com/

    It will remove all the spyware and ads that kazaa installs.

    Emule is very good for downloading large files due to its error correction
    but you will find it much slower than kazaa.
    samg, May 3, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    > update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    > Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.
    >
    > Apart from WinMX which hasn't been updated for ages, another
    > spyware-free P2P prog is eMule Plus, derived from eDonkey, with
    > enhancements. I downloaded this but haven't installed it yet. Anyone
    > tried this one?
    >
    > Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    > finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    > with it but it won't download from them.

    http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=16805

    h.t.h. -Peter
    Peter Huebner, May 3, 2004
  6. GraB

    Collector Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >

    >>What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    >>update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    >>Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.
    >>
    >>Apart from WinMX which hasn't been updated for ages, another
    >>spyware-free P2P prog is eMule Plus, derived from eDonkey, with
    >>enhancements. I downloaded this but haven't installed it yet. Anyone
    >>tried this one?
    >>
    >>Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    >>finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    >>with it but it won't download from them.
    >>

    >http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=16805
    >
    >h.t.h. -Peter

    When chasing a rare file I have found it sometimes pays to lie to the
    software and tell it you are based in a different region, tends to give
    you a different group of users to choose from. (WinMX3.1)
    Collector, May 3, 2004
  7. Peter Huebner, May 3, 2004
  8. GraB

    steve Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    > finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    > with it but it won't download from them.

    Kazaa Lite is still very much alive (as far as I know), but you now have
    to download the Kazaa Lite software from.....Kazaa Lite users.

    I've installed Bit Torrent on Linux, but I'm trying to work out the
    impact on my data quota of using it.
    steve, May 3, 2004
  9. On Sun, 02 May 2004 23:33:01 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    >update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    >Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.

    Shareaza is a nice p2p app. Connects to Gnutella1, 2, and eDonkey
    network. Claims to handle torrents too.

    www.shareaza.com

    No spyware, surprisingly.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, May 3, 2004
  10. GraB

    EAgle Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    > update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    > Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.
    >
    > Apart from WinMX which hasn't been updated for ages, another
    > spyware-free P2P prog is eMule Plus, derived from eDonkey, with
    > enhancements. I downloaded this but haven't installed it yet. Anyone
    > tried this one?
    >
    > Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    > finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    > with it but it won't download from them.

    if you want kazaa lite.. go here www.oldversion.com not only do they have
    the last released version of Kazaa but also old versions of other cool
    software as well.
    EAgle, May 3, 2004
  11. EAgle

    > "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > > What is the latest version you are using? I decided to look for an
    > > update for v2.1. It seems that Sharman have pulled the plug on Kazaa
    > > Lite. The latest version I could find to download was 2.4.88.
    > >
    > > Apart from WinMX which hasn't been updated for ages, another
    > > spyware-free P2P prog is eMule Plus, derived from eDonkey, with
    > > enhancements. I downloaded this but haven't installed it yet. Anyone
    > > tried this one?
    > >
    > > Wanted to find one that could finish Kazaa dat files. I have a 92%
    > > finished file that seems very rare. Keep finding the same five people
    > > with it but it won't download from them.

    > if you want kazaa lite.. go here www.oldversion.com not only do they have
    > the last released version of Kazaa but also old versions of other cool
    > software as well.

    yeah, you can even get Internet Explorer 1.0
    Patrick Dunford, May 3, 2004
  12. GraB

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Patrick Dunford <> wrote in

    > yeah, you can even get Internet Explorer 1.0

    Netscape 0.7 came to me on a floppy disk. A 720K floppy IIRC.
    Ah good times, when you had to configure mime types for everything by hand.
    I don't really miss it. The net may be more insecure, but it sure is easy;
    it is the age old trade off.
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 4, 2004