KaZaA Lite Plus 1.0

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., May 11, 2004.

  1. The GHOST of WOGER., May 11, 2004

  2. On Tue, 11 May 2004 21:29:30 +1200, in message
    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > Please do not install this software.
    >
    > "Because you must pay to have to removed, some have dubbed this "extortion
    > ware".
    >
    > http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9679

    Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)
    and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    you glad.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 11, 2004

  3. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 21:29:30 +1200, in message
    > The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    >> Please do not install this software.
    >>
    >> "Because you must pay to have to removed, some have dubbed this
    >> "extortion ware".
    >>
    >> http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9679

    > Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest
    > all the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it
    > for?!) and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy
    > whatsoever. Serve you glad.

    LOL, must own some stock. I have heard of this scam too. When you look
    at the site, you see that it has just got to be a bit dodgy. I have also
    heard that the fee you pay does not provide the service you were
    expecting. It is like buying a fancy stereo from the back of a car in an
    alley. Did you think you could get your money back if it was broken?
    Now using Kazaa Media Desktop for organizing your MP3's, Videos etc can
    actually be handy. I met someone who loved that feature and did not care
    about all the baggage, even after I explained the implications. Oh well.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 11, 2004
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Nihil Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:02:57 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    > the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)

    Sharing non copyright files.

    > and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    > you glad.

    Whatever, you're probably a hypocrite anyway.

    --
    ....check out the nametag.. you're in MY world now grandma...

    Nihil, May 11, 2004
  5. The GHOST of WOGER.

    GraB Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 11 May 2004 21:29:30 +1200, in message
    >The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    >> Please do not install this software.
    >>
    >> "Because you must pay to have to removed, some have dubbed this "extortion
    >> ware".
    >>
    >> http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9679

    >Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    >the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)
    >and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    >you glad.

    Does this concern you? What are you going to do about it?

    GraB, May 12, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:02:42 +1200, Nihil <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:02:57 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>
    >> Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    >> the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)

    >Sharing non copyright files.

    I got some public domain MP3s that were on a magazine CD that are
    actually quite good, which I am sharing. It is probably what the
    artists want. Besides P2P programmes can be used for many other
    non-pirate things.

    GraB, May 12, 2004
  7. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:02:57 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    > the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)
    > and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    > you glad.

    And why is piracy bad, Nick ?

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Que sera, seratonin! (Meep.)" -- Mercy

    Note: All comments are copyright 12/05/2004 1:23:57 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 12, 2004
  8. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Nihil Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:08:03 +1200, Brendan wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:02:57 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    >> the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)
    >> and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    >> you glad.

    > And why is piracy bad, Nick ?

    You miss out on the lovely glossy packaging.

    --
    ....check out the nametag.. you're in MY world now grandma...

    Nihil, May 12, 2004
  9. On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:08:03 +1200, in message
    Brendan wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:02:57 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    >> the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)
    >> and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    >> you glad.

    > And why is piracy bad, Nick ?

    Who is "Nick"?
    --

    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Distribution site for 2004 Pricelessware CD.
    E-Mail me for details.

    - Criminal: One who gets caught.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 12, 2004
  10. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Brendan Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:55:56 +1200, Nihil wrote:

    >> And why is piracy bad, Nick ?

    > You miss out on the lovely glossy packaging.

    That counts as an advantage.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "#1597. Everything is deemed possible except that which is impossible in the nature of things." -- California Civil Code, "Object of a Contract"

    Note: All comments are copyright 13/05/2004 1:13:06 a.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 12, 2004
  11. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Brendan Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:44:05 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:08:03 +1200, in message
    > Brendan wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:02:57 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>
    >>> Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    >>> the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)
    >>> and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    >>> you glad.

    >> And why is piracy bad, Nick ?

    > Who is "Nick"?

    A stupid bastard I was talking to, who has obviously run off scared of my
    question.

    Since he is gone, you can answer it. Unless your as gutless as he.

    --

    .... Brendan

    MISFORTUNE, n. The kind of fortune that never misses. -- Ambrose Bierce

    Note: All comments are copyright 13/05/2004 1:11:39 a.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 12, 2004
  12. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Industrious Guest

    Industrious, May 12, 2004
  13. On Thu, 13 May 2004 02:08:34 +1200, in message
    Brendan wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:44:05 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:08:03 +1200, in message
    >> Brendan wrote:

    >>> And why is piracy bad, Nick ?

    >> Who is "Nick"?

    > A stupid bastard I was talking to, who has obviously run off scared of my
    > question.
    >
    > Since he is gone, you can answer it. Unless your as gutless as he.

    It would indeed be a cold day in hell before I, or anyone else, was
    scared of you, fella. As for an answer - if you don't now by now, there
    is no hope for you, and I don't waste my time picking specks out of
    rotten apples.
    --

    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Distribution site for 2004 Pricelessware CD.
    E-Mail me for details.

    - I do not pretend to know what the ignorant are sure of.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 12, 2004
  14. The GHOST of WOGER.

    GraB Guest

    I found KL 2.4.88 called Kazaa Lite Resurrection somewhere. Works
    fine and no spyware detected by Spybot or Ad-aware. The full file
    name is: KaZaA Lite K++ 2.4.88 - english.exe

    GraB, May 13, 2004
  15. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:01:00 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > It would indeed be a cold day in hell before I, or anyone else, was
    > scared of you, fella.

    Hey fella, you were the one pretending you were not a Nick... I think you
    were just being a stupid burk, but well - your conspicuous denial of being
    scared hints otherwise...

    > As for an answer - if you don't now by now, there
    > is no hope for you, and I don't waste my time picking specks out of
    > rotten apples.

    Oh, I know the pat answers you and other sycophants trot out. You have not
    considered the facts of 'piracy', nor the pivotal part 'piracy' has played
    historically. You have bought into the propaganda of vested interests at
    the expense of the society you live in. You have allowed corporate spin
    doctors to tell you what is right.

    1. Piracy is not theft, as it does not deprive the original owner his
    ownership or use of the item.

    2. Piracy played a major part in the formation and advancement of the
    United States; for many long years all written material, knowledge and so
    on in the USA was pirated from European sources. This allowed them to
    advance at the natural rate, rather than the artificially retarded rate
    available under IP law. Many other countries have done the same, more
    recently China. NZ should as well.

    3. IP law is used to remove or intimidate competition. This is in direct
    contrast to it's stated purpose - to foster competition and reward
    innovation. Classic example being the current SCO fiasco.

    4. IP law is becoming more and more Draconian - even now, you can be sued
    for reading fairy tales to your children, scientists can be sued for
    debating published claims, etc.

    5. The whole thing looks like a modern version of the medieval church and
    state control of information prior to the invention of the printing press.

    6. I find it fantastically stupid that the one resource we have that is
    infinitely replicable for virtually zero cost has been artificially made
    scarce. If anything will save this planet it is knowledge - that vested
    interests have managed to con you and your dim witted mates into thinking
    this is a GOOD idea is simply Orwellian.

    7. Arguments along the lines of 'well, no body would invent things if they
    could earn money off it' are stupid. No one was paid to invent language,
    math, cities, roads, boats, fire, etc x a billion and ALL of those are
    profoundly important to our civilisation. E.g. people create, invent,
    discover because they LIKE to.

    8. Patents on genes, drugs and medicine generally are some of the most
    disgusting inventions in history. That we allow these bastards to profit
    hugly off millions of people's suffering, and allow PROFIT to be more
    important than people dying in the 3rd world is disgusting. And you
    indirectly support it. We'd ALL be a lot better off if ALL drug manufactor
    and research was taxpayer funded on a zero profit system.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Doctor, we did good, didn't we?" "Perhaps. Time will tell. Always does." -- Ace and The Doctor

    Note: All comments are copyright 13/05/2004 12:47:48 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 13, 2004
  16. On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:04:19 +1200, in message
    Brendan wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:01:00 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> It would indeed be a cold day in hell before I, or anyone else, was
    >> scared of you, fella.

    > Hey fella, you were the one pretending you were not a Nick... I think you
    > were just being a stupid burk, but well - your conspicuous denial of being
    > scared hints otherwise...

    There is no "k" anywhere in my name, so I am "Nic" and not "Nick" thank
    you very much.

    >> As for an answer - if you don't now by now, there
    >> is no hope for you, and I don't waste my time picking specks out of
    >> rotten apples.

    > Oh, I know the pat answers you and other sycophants trot out. You have not
    > considered the facts of 'piracy', nor the pivotal part 'piracy' has played
    > historically. You have bought into the propaganda of vested interests at
    > the expense of the society you live in. You have allowed corporate spin
    > doctors to tell you what is right.

    [snip propaganda]

    Feel better now you have got all that dirty water off your chest?
    Good.
    Now, go outside and play.
    SHOO!

    --

    - I may well have my faults, but being wrong isn't one of them.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 13, 2004
  17. In article <>,
    blockerDeleteIt says...
    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:02:57 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    > > Install software with the intention of using it for piracy (protest all
    > > the bullshit you want - what the hell _else_ would you use it for?!)
    > > and you deserve all you get .. and more. No sympathy whatsoever. Serve
    > > you glad.

    > And why is piracy bad, Nick ?

    And you claim to have a high IQ?

    Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004
  18. In article <26mgajsg7hf6$>,
    blockerDeleteIt says...
    > On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:01:00 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    > > It would indeed be a cold day in hell before I, or anyone else, was
    > > scared of you, fella.

    > Hey fella, you were the one pretending you were not a Nick... I think you
    > were just being a stupid burk, but well - your conspicuous denial of being
    > scared hints otherwise...
    >
    > > As for an answer - if you don't now by now, there
    > > is no hope for you, and I don't waste my time picking specks out of
    > > rotten apples.

    > Oh, I know the pat answers you and other sycophants trot out. You have not
    > considered the facts of 'piracy', nor the pivotal part 'piracy' has played
    > historically. You have bought into the propaganda of vested interests at
    > the expense of the society you live in. You have allowed corporate spin
    > doctors to tell you what is right.

    Do you get your "intelligence" and "facts" off the back of a weetbix
    packet.

    Maybe you have never created anything original in your life that you
    would want to have creative control over.

    Maybe you are some communist who doesn't believe in private property
    rights. Do you live in a commune?

    > 1. Piracy is not theft, as it does not deprive the original owner his
    > ownership or use of the item.

    It deprives the original owner of the right to make a living by selling
    his product for money.

    > 4. IP law is becoming more and more Draconian - even now, you can be sued
    > for reading fairy tales to your children,

    Bulldust

    > 8. Patents on genes, drugs and medicine generally are some of the most
    > disgusting inventions in history. That we allow these bastards to profit
    > hugly off millions of people's suffering, and allow PROFIT to be more
    > important than people dying in the 3rd world is disgusting. And you
    > indirectly support it. We'd ALL be a lot better off if ALL drug manufactor
    > and research was taxpayer funded on a zero profit system.

    What a load of crap. It costs huge sums to develop these medicines and
    drugs. That money would come directly out of taxpayers' pockets and they
    would end up paying anyway.

    Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004
  19. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Brendan Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 07:07:45 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    >> Hey fella, you were the one pretending you were not a Nick... I think you
    >> were just being a stupid burk, but well - your conspicuous denial of being
    >> scared hints otherwise...

    > There is no "k" anywhere in my name, so I am "Nic" and not "Nick" thank
    > you very much.

    Pedantry has always been the refuge of the weak minded.

    Nick, if you didn't have a decent argument to substantiate your opinions,
    you needed only to say so. But do us all a favor - form an opinion of your
    own next time, based on facts you can quote.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "(My favorite version is on bagpipe, but you shouldn't be led by other people's perversions.)" -- Dani Zweig

    Note: All comments are copyright 14/05/2004 11:53:19 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 14, 2004
  20. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Brendan Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:17:29 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    >> Oh, I know the pat answers you and other sycophants trot out. You have not
    >> considered the facts of 'piracy', nor the pivotal part 'piracy' has played
    >> historically. You have bought into the propaganda of vested interests at
    >> the expense of the society you live in. You have allowed corporate spin
    >> doctors to tell you what is right.

    > Do you get your "intelligence" and "facts" off the back of a weetbix
    > packet.

    Do you get your facts from the Bible ? Yes or No patrick.

    > Maybe you have never created anything original in your life that you
    > would want to have creative control over.

    I give away good ideas, creative works, etc all the time.

    What about your Christian tradition of giving ? Ignoring that again ?

    > Maybe you are some communist who doesn't believe in private property
    > rights. Do you live in a commune?

    The only communes around this country have been Christian cults, Paddy.

    >> 1. Piracy is not theft, as it does not deprive the original owner his
    >> ownership or use of the item.

    > It deprives the original owner of the right to make a living by selling
    > his product for money.

    It does not. He can still manufacture it and sell it, in competition with
    others. If his version is the best, he will prosper. If it is not, we
    didn't want it anyway. Best for us, and best for him. Also, improved
    versions can be freely made by ANYONE by combining ideas from other sources
    without worrying about being sued.

    >> 4. IP law is becoming more and more Draconian - even now, you can be sued
    >> for reading fairy tales to your children,

    > Bulldust

    Yes you can. Famous examples include versions of Alice in Wonderland
    encoded into Adobe ebook software.

    > What a load of crap. It costs huge sums to develop these medicines and
    > drugs. That money would come directly out of taxpayers' pockets and they
    > would end up paying anyway.

    Which is still better than the current system of consumers funding the
    research (through gross profiteering and monopolistic practices), and then
    paying even MORE again when they use the drug they funded.

    No, it is far FAR better to cut out all the middle men and fund it
    directly. More efficiency could be gained from the free exchange of
    information and equipment and shared access to facilities, and then also
    from shared production facilities.
    And finally from the removal of a profit motive, we'd get the same drugs
    more cheaply, AND we'd get better drugs because there would be no need to
    dodge other companies patents, OR find drugs that are patentable despite
    better examples that are not patentable.

    A fundamentalist right wing Christian nut bar like yourself could not
    possibly comprehend any of the above. But I put it here for the odd lurker
    who might.

    --

    .... Brendan

    UNIVERSALIST, n. One who forgoes the advantage of a Hell for persons of another faith. -- Ambrose Bierce

    Note: All comments are copyright 14/05/2004 11:56:52 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, May 14, 2004