    kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
    webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Dec 23, 2003

  2. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Matt Ferrari Guest

    "Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." <> wrote in message
    > Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
    > Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
    > garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
    > Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
    >
    > Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    > Lubbock, Texas

    It is hard to find a spyware or adfree program but

    http://www.winmx.com/ is a great program that has no ads/spyware.

    you could also get kaaza lite... the url i had for them is broken now though
    so I dont know where to get it.

    Matt

    Matt Ferrari, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    > Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
    > Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.

    Amazingly, I've got like 4 machines in my house with KazaaLite installed,
    and none of them bluescreened at all from it.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 23, 2003
  4. because it is not kazaa it's kazaalite you have same name different sh...

    Arno and Triny, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    HF Guest

    No It wasnt Kazaa that was the problem. Probably some other stuff you have
    on.

    HF, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Jerry G. Guest

    We found that if the software was for free, there was generally a catch with
    it. Very few are free these days. People have to make a living to eat and
    have a roof over their heads.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Dec 23, 2003
  7. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Michael-NC Guest

    www.overnet.com

    Michael-NC, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. wrote:
    > Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
    > Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
    > garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
    > Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
    >
    > Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    > Lubbock, Texas
    > kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    > homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
    > webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

    Don't confuse the idea with the implementation. P2P is a wonderful idea.
    I'm not sure that it will work because it, basically, relies on the
    benevolence of people & I've never found that to be reliable. But I'd
    like to be wrong and I occasionally am about things like this.

    Regardless of the philosophy, there are many better P2P implementations
    available.

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Travis Guest

    You need lime wire It tells you if you are downloading a virus and it
    ask you if you want to go on

    Travis

    Travis, Dec 23, 2003
  10. And *why* would you want to go on if you're downloading a virus?

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 23, 2003
  11. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Zog Weaver Guest

    Hello,

    Actually, if you install Kazaa 2.60, you can, immediately thereafter,
    install Diet-K:

    http://www.dietk.com/

    which will allow the non-lite version of Kazaa to function normally but
    without all the spyware. Pretty slick. Also, there's a news blurb here:

    stating that Sherman Networks is doing what they can to stop the Lite
    versions of Kazaa from functioning. Dunno how they're making out, mine
    still seems to work fine.

    Zog

    Zog Weaver, Dec 24, 2003
  12. On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:18:06 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <> wrote in
    >
    >> Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
    >> Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
    >>

    >Amazingly, I've got like 4 machines in my house with KazaaLite installed,
    >and none of them bluescreened at all from it.

    I didn't try KazaaLite, but after giving it some thought I've decided
    not to get into P2P, too risky.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    Lubbock, Texas

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Dec 24, 2003
  13. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    > I didn't try KazaaLite, but after giving it some thought I've decided
    > not to get into P2P, too risky.

    I'd love if the RIAA sued me for using P2P software. Absolutely love it.
    They would get next to nothing for money (hell, they can take my car and
    student loans if they want!), and they'd get to hear me make a stink about
    being sued when my entire MP3 collection is made up of stuff I rip from my
    own CDs, videos and Mp3s of live performances that they don't own the
    rights to, and original works by people who don't sell CDs. It'd be
    hilarious!

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 25, 2003
  14. DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <> wrote in
    >

    >>I didn't try KazaaLite, but after giving it some thought I've decided
    >>not to get into P2P, too risky.
    >>

    > I'd love if the RIAA sued me for using P2P software. Absolutely love it.
    > They would get next to nothing for money (hell, they can take my car and
    > student loans if they want!), and they'd get to hear me make a stink about
    > being sued when my entire MP3 collection is made up of stuff I rip from my
    > own CDs, videos and Mp3s of live performances that they don't own the
    > rights to, and original works by people who don't sell CDs. It'd be
    > hilarious!

    It's an interesting question-I'm fairly certain it's legal for you to
    make copies of CD's (etc.) that you own, but is it legal for you to give
    them to others?

    In many transactions it's the responsibility of the 'buyer' to ensure
    that it's legal for them to 'buy' whatever it is. In others however it's
    the responsibility of the 'seller'. So far it's unclear which class a
    P2P transaction falls into.

    It's pretty certain that you can't get sued for using P2P software
    though-but you can get sued over what it's used for. (Okay, technically
    they can sue you for using it-but they'd lose if it ever got to court.)

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 26, 2003