    lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?
    graviton, Oct 8, 2005

  2. graviton

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:44:07 +1300, "graviton" <>
    wrote:

    >For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    >lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    >has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    >found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?

    Just tried Kazaa Lite, got connected, 2.7m users online. But I can't
    connect with WinMX, haven't been able to for weeks. Haven't seen
    anything online to expain that and their website is down too.
    GraB, Oct 8, 2005

  3. graviton

    David Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:44:07 +1300, "graviton" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    >>lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    >>has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    >>found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?
    >>

    > Just tried Kazaa Lite, got connected, 2.7m users online. But I can't
    > connect with WinMX, haven't been able to for weeks. Haven't seen
    > anything online to expain that and their website is down too.

    it was posted on here a while ago that WinMX has shut down their main
    server.

    Kazaa is a pile of crap, the current fav for kazaaish (crap easy to use
    p2p networks full of hideously ripped 128k MP3s) filesharing is
    limewire. Reasonable download speeds too.
    David, Oct 8, 2005
  4. graviton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:44:07 +1300, "graviton" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    > >lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    > >has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and

    have
    > >found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?
    > >

    > Just tried Kazaa Lite, got connected, 2.7m users online. But I can't
    > connect with WinMX, haven't been able to for weeks. Haven't seen
    > anything online to expain that and their website is down too.

    RIAA killed winmx

    But i saw something somewhere about a hack patch that brings it back to
    life?
    Craig Sutton, Oct 8, 2005
  5. In article <43475d08$>, ere says...
    > For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    > lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    > has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    > found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?

    Having a bit of a struggle with this myself. After I got on to Bordernet
    KazaaLite no longer worked - so I didn't use it for a while. Now I've
    just gone adsl and it will no longer connect, basically because it's
    list of supernodes no longer contains valid ones, as I understand it.

    I also have kceasy on my machine and it connects to the fasttrack
    network just fine, must have an up-to-date supernode list alas it won't
    pick up kazaalite unfinished downloads and complete them.

    But I can confirm that the fasttrack network is alive and kickin'.

    Now how to get the list of good supernodes from one app across to
    t'other?!? :)

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Oct 8, 2005
  6. graviton

    steve Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:

    > Now how to get the list of good supernodes from one app across to
    > t'other?!?   :)

    gnutella networks.

    Pick a client that suits you.
    steve, Oct 8, 2005
  7. graviton

    Evil Bastard Guest

    graviton wrote:
    > For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    > lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    > has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    > found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?

    KaZaa is /so/ last week's news.

    Try the ed2k network (eMule, eDonkey, aMule etc).

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 8, 2005
  8. graviton

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:58:30 +1300, Evil Bastard <>
    wrote:

    >graviton wrote:
    >> For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    >> lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    >> has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    >> found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?

    >KaZaa is /so/ last week's news.
    >
    >Try the ed2k network (eMule, eDonkey, aMule etc).

    Problem with those is the high data rate they incur. As soon as you
    start downloading a file it is shared and people start uploading it.
    One time I was downloading a rare file I couldn't find on WinMx or
    Kazaa and while it was downloading, FIVE people were uploading the
    same file! The other day I did a big splurge on anything related to
    the Roswell TV series, which I love. I was amazed at how much super
    high quality stuff I found. One portrait being 2072 x 3104 pixels,
    life-size, many near a Mb in size. Plus the video clips and an odd
    programme and MP3 and my usage for that day was about 1.3Gb. Aaargh!
    GraB, Oct 8, 2005
  9. graviton

    Bling Bling Guest

    On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:29:01 +1300, GraB wrote:

    > Plus the video clips and an odd
    > programme and MP3 and my usage for that day was about 1.3Gb. Aaargh!

    So what you're saying is that the data restrictions imposed by the ISPs
    are rediculously pathetically low.

    Bling Bling

    --
    Pamela Jones: "Linux will continue to grow, and open formats and standards
    will continue to be adopted in part because we don't trust Microsoft."
    Bling Bling, Oct 8, 2005
  10. On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:44:07 +1300, "graviton" <>
    wrote:

    >For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    >lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    >has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    >found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?

    Go here and download the patch to get your winmx working again.
    http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=26688#26688

    --<KeroseneCowboy>--
    KeroseneCowboy, Oct 8, 2005
  11. On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 22:31:29 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
    <> wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:44:07 +1300, "graviton" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    >> >lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    >> >has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and

    >have
    >> >found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?
    >> >

    >> Just tried Kazaa Lite, got connected, 2.7m users online. But I can't
    >> connect with WinMX, haven't been able to for weeks. Haven't seen
    >> anything online to expain that and their website is down too.

    >RIAA killed winmx
    >
    >But i saw something somewhere about a hack patch that brings it back to
    >life?

    http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=26688#26688
    Try here Craig.

    --<KeroseneCowboy>--
    KeroseneCowboy, Oct 8, 2005
  12. One of the things I tried finally worked, and it's s.th. I found on one
    of the p2p webboards.

    Start KazaaZuperNodes (from the tools menu in KLite Resurrected which is
    my current client) and hit the 'panic button' - this is the one at the
    bottom right of the window, little red cross on it i.i.r.c.

    Restart Kazaa client and leave it running .... after half an hour I
    suddenly had it connecting and d'loading again!

    Good, I had some files in my download list that I would like to see
    completed. :)

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Oct 9, 2005
  13. graviton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "KeroseneCowboy" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 22:31:29 +1300, "Craig Sutton"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"GraB" <> wrote in message

    kazaa

    while,

    > >have
    > >> >
    > >> Just tried Kazaa Lite, got connected, 2.7m users online. But I can't
    > >> connect with WinMX, haven't been able to for weeks. Haven't seen
    > >> anything online to expain that and their website is down too.

    > >RIAA killed winmx
    > >
    > >But i saw something somewhere about a hack patch that brings it back to
    > >life?
    > >

    > http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=26688#26688
    > Try here Craig.

    Thanks though I mostly use shareaza these days.. mind you the last shareaza
    has someweird bug in it to do with bandwidth. I'm waiting to finish some
    downloads before going back to the older version.
    Craig Sutton, Oct 9, 2005
  14. graviton

    Evil Bastard Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:58:30 +1300, Evil Bastard <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>graviton wrote:
    >>
    >>>For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    >>>lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    >>>has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    >>>found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?

    >>KaZaa is /so/ last week's news.
    >>
    >>Try the ed2k network (eMule, eDonkey, aMule etc).
    >>

    > Problem with those is the high data rate they incur. As soon as you
    > start downloading a file it is shared and people start uploading it.

    Part of the territory - your downstream comes from other users' upstream.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 9, 2005
  15. graviton

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > GraB wrote:
    >> On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:58:30 +1300, Evil Bastard <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> KaZaa is /so/ last week's news.
    >>>
    >>> Try the ed2k network (eMule, eDonkey, aMule etc).
    >>>

    >> Problem with those is the high data rate they incur. As soon as you
    >> start downloading a file it is shared and people start uploading it.

    > Part of the territory - your downstream comes from other users'
    > upstream.

    I have no problem with that if it's roughly equal. However, when I d/l'ed a
    few things with eMule I was uploading about 2.5 X what I was getting. Bloody
    annoying when NZ ADSL connections are so damn A.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Oct 9, 2005
  16. In article <4348e140$>,
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >Evil Bastard wrote:
    >> GraB wrote:

    >>> Problem with those is the high data rate they incur. As soon as you
    >>> start downloading a file it is shared and people start uploading it.

    >> Part of the territory - your downstream comes from other users'
    >> upstream.

    >I have no problem with that if it's roughly equal. However, when I d/l'ed a
    >few things with eMule I was uploading about 2.5 X what I was getting. Bloody
    >annoying when NZ ADSL connections are so damn A.

    I've downloaded a few gigabytes with BitTorrent so far. I don't mind
    superseeding if it's something I found worthwhile. I find that upload
    and download rates tend to vary a lot. If upload is slow, I might stay
    on a bit longer after getting my complete copy, in order to give others
    a chance.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 9, 2005
  17. graviton

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:21:19 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Evil Bastard wrote:
    >> GraB wrote:

    >>> Problem with those is the high data rate they incur. As soon as you
    >>> start downloading a file it is shared and people start uploading it.

    >> Part of the territory - your downstream comes from other users'
    >> upstream.

    >I have no problem with that if it's roughly equal. However, when I d/l'ed a
    >few things with eMule I was uploading about 2.5 X what I was getting. Bloody
    >annoying when NZ ADSL connections are so damn A.

    What I have found annoying is when the downloads stop with just a
    little way to go, like 11Kb, and just sit there for a few days while
    others upload from you all the time. That sort of thing has happened
    with a few files. There should be priority given to those who just
    need a meg or a few Kb to finish a file.
    GraB, Oct 9, 2005
  18. graviton

    Evil Bastard Guest

    graviton wrote:
    > For the past few days i have been trying to connect to kazaa using kazaa
    > lite k++ and am never getting connected, have not used kazaa for a while,
    > has it died, done some google searches in both websites and groups and have
    > found nothing to suggest this but I wonder?

    Might be worth raising this idea with the developers as a feature
    suggestion.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Oct 10, 2005
  19. graviton

    David Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:21:19 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Evil Bastard wrote:

    >>>Part of the territory - your downstream comes from other users'
    >>>upstream.

    >>I have no problem with that if it's roughly equal. However, when I d/l'ed a
    >>few things with eMule I was uploading about 2.5 X what I was getting. Bloody
    >>annoying when NZ ADSL connections are so damn A.

    > What I have found annoying is when the downloads stop with just a
    > little way to go, like 11Kb, and just sit there for a few days while
    > others upload from you all the time. That sort of thing has happened
    > with a few files. There should be priority given to those who just
    > need a meg or a few Kb to finish a file.

    Its in the interest of other peers to *not* give them that piece for
    ages, it forces them to upload.
    David, Oct 10, 2005
  20. graviton

    GraB Guest

    >>>I have no problem with that if it's roughly equal. However, when I d/l'ed a
    >>>few things with eMule I was uploading about 2.5 X what I was getting. Bloody
    >>>annoying when NZ ADSL connections are so damn A.

    >> What I have found annoying is when the downloads stop with just a
    >> little way to go, like 11Kb, and just sit there for a few days while
    >> others upload from you all the time. That sort of thing has happened
    >> with a few files. There should be priority given to those who just
    >> need a meg or a few Kb to finish a file.

    >Its in the interest of other peers to *not* give them that piece for
    >ages, it forces them to upload.

    You mean it is deliberate?
    GraB, Oct 10, 2005