    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Waylon Kenning

    Chris Hope Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
    > really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
    > Windows?

    You could probably get it running via cygwin. About three years ago I
    managed to get KDE running via cygwin on Windows. Can't remember how I
    did it now though.

    Chris Hope, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Waylon Kenning

    Chris Hope Guest

    http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/

    Chris Hope, Oct 14, 2005
  4. Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
    > really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
    > Windows?
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    cygwin? http://x.cygwin.com
    Or install Linux
    Since your a student, VMWare would be a cheap way to run linux on a
    Windows machine. Just make sure it has a lot of RAM.

    MaximumDamage, Oct 14, 2005
  5. Waylon Kenning

    PAM. Guest

    "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
    > really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
    > Windows?

    Have you thought of using jEdit (.org) or CrimsonEdit (Free at
    www.crimsoneditor.com) UltraEdit (Free at P2P)

    PAM.

    PAM., Oct 14, 2005
  6. T'was the Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:51:56 +1300 when I remembered
    MaximumDamage <> saying something like this:

    >Since your a student, VMWare would be a cheap way to run linux on a
    >Windows machine. Just make sure it has a lot of RAM.

    That's a little overkill. I like Kate, it's neat. It's not a killer
    app though, I just went with Crimson Editor. It's free, not as neat as
    Kate, but better than Dreamweaver.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 14, 2005
  7. Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:51:56 +1300 when I remembered
    > MaximumDamage <> saying something like this:
    >

    >>Since your a student, VMWare would be a cheap way to run linux on a
    >>Windows machine. Just make sure it has a lot of RAM.

    > That's a little overkill.

    Yep, but a very cool and clever piece of software.

    MaximumDamage, Oct 14, 2005