    wondering the the guys/gals here feel about it.

    Thanks,

    blu.....
    blu, Sep 14, 2004

  2. blu

    Gary Guest

    I use Kaspersky 5.0 Personal and it has one of the best detection engines.
    It also updates its data base every hour. It has always helped me out with
    other computers I worked on that other AV programs failed to detect viruses
    on. I have never had any problems with it.
    Gary, Sep 14, 2004

  3. blu

    Lee Higdon Guest

    blu wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > First, I am only trying to get opinions on this AV software.
    > I just read the thread regarding McAfee and wanted to get a
    > gauge about this AV that I havent heard too much about.
    > I have heard some good things, from other techs at work about
    > kaspersky. I havent used it or know anyone that does. I was just
    > wondering the the guys/gals here feel about it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > blu.....

    As stated in another thread, KAV's reputation for detection and removal
    of malware is among the best. Like any software application, YMMV. Some
    folks report performance issues, others don't. If you trial it (I'd
    suggest doing that before buying it) make sure you uninstall your
    current AV, first.
    Lee Higdon, Sep 14, 2004