    When I try to install Kaspersky Internet Security v7.0.1.325 is says I must
    remove both AVG and Avast, anyone know if it's possible to install without
    removing both of my current antivirus scanners?

    Andy, Mar 5, 2008

  2. Andy

    0.0 Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message news:fqmvac$i2d$...
    > When I try to install Kaspersky Internet Security v7.0.1.325 is says I
    > must remove both AVG and Avast, anyone know if it's possible to install
    > without removing both of my current antivirus scanners?

    Seems to me if the mfr's error message says to remove them, it would be a
    good idea to do so. That way, you won't have to post here again tomorrow
    seeking solutions for your locked up computer, repeated BSD, and needing to
    reinstall the operating system...

    Bet you also post in the automotive groups seeking support for skipping the
    mfr's recommended service intervals and requirements, fuel requirements,
    break-in speeds, etc., etc.,

    0.0, Mar 5, 2008

  3. Andy

    PeeCee Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message news:fqmvac$i2d$...
    > When I try to install Kaspersky Internet Security v7.0.1.325 is says I
    > must remove both AVG and Avast, anyone know if it's possible to install
    > without removing both of my current antivirus scanners?

    It's not a good idea to have more than one Anti Virus running.
    They can end up fighting for control and slowing your PC considerably.
    I had one the owner put both Norton and McAfee on and complained it took
    half an hour to boot up!

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Mar 5, 2008
  4. Andy

    old man Guest

    You are asking for trouble in installing more than one AV, likely niether
    will work correctly, which kinda defeats the object

    old man, Mar 5, 2008
  5. Andy

    Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > When I try to install Kaspersky Internet Security v7.0.1.325 is says I must
    > remove both AVG and Avast, anyone know if it's possible to install without
    > removing both of my current antivirus scanners?

    Keep it as simple and with as few programs as possible. You will
    likely find you computing experience to be much moreworthwhile.

    Find what you feel you trust and depend on just those few. Use them as
    tools that you confidently know how to
    use, not as some blind faith use of the tools.

    , Mar 6, 2008
  6. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "0.0" <zip@nada> wrote in message
    > "Andy" <> wrote in message news:fqmvac$i2d$...
    >> When I try to install Kaspersky Internet Security v7.0.1.325 is says I
    >> must remove both AVG and Avast, anyone know if it's possible to install
    >> without removing both of my current antivirus scanners?
    >>

    > Seems to me if the mfr's error message says to remove them, it would be a
    > good idea to do so. That way, you won't have to post here again tomorrow
    > seeking solutions for your locked up computer, repeated BSD, and needing
    > to reinstall the operating system...

    Nope, have an Acronis image so if things go belly up I'll be back to normal
    in 4 minutes flat. :0)

    > Bet you also post in the automotive groups seeking support for skipping
    > the mfr's recommended service intervals and requirements, fuel
    > requirements, break-in speeds, etc., etc.,

    A bet you would lose.

    Andy, Mar 6, 2008