    Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
    corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use less
    RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG

    RadarG, Sep 14, 2004

  2. RadarG

    Gary Guest

    Kaspersky is one of the best Antivirus programs you can buy. Has one of the
    best detection engines for viruses,Trojans and malware. It has helped me
    remove Trojans and malware from computers I worked on for friends that other
    AV programs failed to detect that had Trojans on them that phoned home to
    install spyware.

    Gary, Sep 14, 2004

  3. RadarG

    Apollo Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    > Kaspersky is one of the best Antivirus programs you can buy. Has one of
    > the
    > best detection engines for viruses,Trojans and malware. It has helped me
    > remove Trojans and malware from computers I worked on for friends that
    > other
    > AV programs failed to detect that had Trojans on them that phoned home to
    > install spyware.

    Seconded, you'll be hard pressed to find better (consumer) av software.
    Miles ahead of Norton.

    --
    Apollo

    Apollo, Sep 14, 2004
  4. RadarG

    Lee Higdon Guest

    RadarG wrote:
    > Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
    > corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use less
    > RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG

    Depends on which version of KAV you're talking about and whether you're
    looking at KAV Personal or the Personal Pro version.

    KAV is an extremely efficient AV utility. It probably has one of the
    best detection rates for zoo-type malware, trojans, backdoors and
    dialers, as well as worms and viruses of any product on the market.
    Unfortunately, in recent years, the program has had some growing pains
    and as features have been added, the performance overhead has increased.
    For some users/systems it's no problem, for others it's no walk in the
    park. The best advice I can give is to try a demo from Kaspersky's
    web-site. Make sure you totally uninstall Norton/Symantec 1st. Delete
    any useless registry keys, too.

    Lee Higdon, Sep 14, 2004
  5. RadarG

    RadarG Guest

    "Lee Higdon" <> wrote in message
    > RadarG wrote:
    >> Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
    >> corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use
    >> less RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG

    > Depends on which version of KAV you're talking about and whether you're
    > looking at KAV Personal or the Personal Pro version.
    >
    > KAV is an extremely efficient AV utility. It probably has one of the best
    > detection rates for zoo-type malware, trojans, backdoors and dialers, as
    > well as worms and viruses of any product on the market. Unfortunately, in
    > recent years, the program has had some growing pains and as features have
    > been added, the performance overhead has increased.
    > For some users/systems it's no problem, for others it's no walk in the
    > park. The best advice I can give is to try a demo from Kaspersky's
    > web-site. Make sure you totally uninstall Norton/Symantec 1st. Delete any
    > useless registry keys, too.

    Didnt MS buy them out?

    RadarG, Sep 16, 2004
  6. RadarG

    RadarG Guest

    Lee Higdon <> wrote in message news:<x8J1d.7$>...
    > RadarG wrote:
    > > Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
    > > corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use less
    > > RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG
    > >

    > Depends on which version of KAV you're talking about and whether you're
    > looking at KAV Personal or the Personal Pro version.
    >
    > KAV is an extremely efficient AV utility. It probably has one of the
    > best detection rates for zoo-type malware, trojans, backdoors and
    > dialers, as well as worms and viruses of any product on the market.
    > Unfortunately, in recent years, the program has had some growing pains
    > and as features have been added, the performance overhead has increased.
    > For some users/systems it's no problem, for others it's no walk in the
    > park. The best advice I can give is to try a demo from Kaspersky's
    > web-site. Make sure you totally uninstall Norton/Symantec 1st. Delete
    > any useless registry keys, too.

    Didnt Kaspersky get bought out buy MS?

    RadarG, Sep 16, 2004