    I've installed kaspersky personal antivirus program
    was wondering if its a load of crap or did i do goo.

    Thanx

    JONI, Jul 18, 2004

  2. JONI

    Avenger© Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:21:06 +0100, JONI <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Usually i use norton 2004 to detect and remove virus's
    >but lately I seem to be loosing faith with it.
    >problems removing and not detecting some trojans too.
    >
    >I've installed kaspersky personal antivirus program
    >was wondering if its a load of crap or did i do goo.
    >
    >Thanx

    It will be 200% on Norton crap.
    --
    Avenger©

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    Avenger©, Jul 18, 2004

  3. JONI

    Reid Decker Guest

    Kaspersky worked very well for me when I had it. Changed OS and lost
    it.

    Reid Decker, Jul 18, 2004
  4. JONI

    SwissTony Guest

    "JONI" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Usually i use norton 2004 to detect and remove virus's
    > but lately I seem to be loosing faith with it.
    > problems removing and not detecting some trojans too.
    >
    > I've installed kaspersky personal antivirus program
    > was wondering if its a load of crap or did i do goo.
    >
    > Thanx

    Kaspersky is excellent
    I bought it about 3 months ago and on the 1st day it found at least 30
    virus's (OOPS)

    If u change the update settings, it will allow you to download signature
    that detect some adware as well.
    See http://www.kaspersky.com/extraavupdates?chapter=146235718
    Open the KS control centre.
    click the tasks tab
    double click the "Update anti-virus bases" task
    Under the connection tab, click the + next to "Update Kaspersky Anti-virus
    from internet"
    Click the box with the 3 dots next to URL
    select a server then click the white box with a I in it (right hand side)
    Then add _ext to the end of all of them.

    gaz

    SwissTony, Jul 18, 2004
  5. JONI

    JD Guest

    its a brill program... dunno why i'm still using AVG :S

    JD, Jul 18, 2004
  6. JONI

    JONI Guest

    JONI wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Usually i use norton 2004 to detect and remove virus's
    > but lately I seem to be loosing faith with it.
    > problems removing and not detecting some trojans too.
    >
    > I've installed kaspersky personal antivirus program
    > was wondering if its a load of crap or did i do goo.
    >
    > Thanx

    Cheers guys i will give it a trial

    JONI, Jul 18, 2004
  7. JONI