Kaspersky Anti Virus: I can't get rid of it!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by spamless_in_seattle@yahoo.com, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I just tried to install the latest update for ZoneAlarm and got an
    error message saying I had to uninstall Kaspersky's AntiVirus Toolkit
    before the ZoneAlarm installer would proceed.

    I haven't used the Kaspersky program in over a year so I went to my
    Windows 98 Install/Uninstall list, clicked on AntiViral Toolkit Pro and
    then clicked Add/Remove.

    But I got a little error message:

    Wise Uninstall

    Could not open INSTALLLOG file.

    I did a search for INSTALLLOG and found a lot of different files, in
    the folders of different programs, but none in the AVP folder.

    Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed to safely get this old AVP
    installation off my system so I can install the latest ZA update?

    , Aug 13, 2005

  2. old jon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I just tried to install the latest update for ZoneAlarm and got an
    > error message saying I had to uninstall Kaspersky's AntiVirus Toolkit
    > before the ZoneAlarm installer would proceed.
    >

    > I haven't used the Kaspersky program in over a year so I went to my
    > Windows 98 Install/Uninstall list, clicked on AntiViral Toolkit Pro and
    > then clicked Add/Remove.
    >
    > But I got a little error message:
    >

    > Wise Uninstall
    >

    > Could not open INSTALLLOG file.
    >

    > I did a search for INSTALLLOG and found a lot of different files, in
    > the folders of different programs, but none in the AVP folder.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed to safely get this old AVP
    > installation off my system so I can install the latest ZA update?

    You could do a reinstall, then a clean uninstall. The other solution, is to
    delete the Kas.
    folder, then do a Regclean, to clear out the Kas. references. HTH.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Mellowed Guest

    I guess that I missed something. You want to uninstall Kaspersky so
    you click on AntiViral to uninstall Kaspersky. Are they the same
    program??

    <> wrote in message
    : I just tried to install the latest update for ZoneAlarm and got an
    : error message saying I had to uninstall Kaspersky's AntiVirus Toolkit
    : before the ZoneAlarm installer would proceed.
    :
    :
    :

    Mellowed, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    Re: Kaspersky Anti Virus: I can't get rid of it!

    Hi OJ!

    I tried your second suggestion, i.e., deleting the Kaspersky folder and
    then running RegClean. But i still get this error message when I try
    to install the lastest ZoneAlarm update:

    "ZoneAlarm Anti-virus Installer Warning

    "ZoneAlarm Anti-virus has detected that you have Kaspersky Antiviral
    Toolkit Pro installed. There are compatibility issures between
    ZoneAlarm Anti-virus and this product.

    "If you want to install ZoneAlarm Anti-virus, please uninstall
    Kaspersky Antiviral Toolkit Pro and restart the ZoneAlarm Anti-virus
    installer.

    "The install cannot continue and will exit."

    When you suggested a clean install, I presume you were referring to a
    clean install of Windows. That is such a nuisance, but sometimes it
    seems to be the only way to get my system working right again.

    , Aug 16, 2005