    on this would be appreciated.

    thanks,
    Richard Adams
    Richard Adams, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Richard  Adams

    ML-78 Guest

    > I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the history of
    > the print MGM used for the DVD issue of Karloff's The Ghoul?
    > Where did this print come from and why has it been unavailable
    > all these years? It's an extraordinary print and must have just
    > recently become available. Any background information
    > on this would be appreciated.

    The print was recently found in the archives of the British Film Institute.
    There's some more background information to be read in Glenn Erickson's review
    here:

    http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s988ghoul.html

    According to the review, the print was found this year.

    ML-78
    ML-78, Oct 16, 2003

  3. ML-78,

    Thank you for this information. It's really a fascinating history.
    I can't believe the British Film Institute has been sitting on this
    print so many years without even knowing it was there. I wonder
    what else is gathering in their vaults????

    Rich

    Richard Adams, Oct 17, 2003