    does anyone has the K100?
    how effective is the shake reduction? about 1 stop as suggested by dpreview?
    thanks.
    map, Dec 9, 2006

  2. map

    papewe Guest

    I have a friend that is also looking at the K100D (as opposed to the K110D)
    because of the shake reduction. He is also looking at the K10D. He was
    asking about the 16-45 vs. the 18-55. Thoughts on these two lenses, as well
    as the K10D?

    papewe, Dec 10, 2006

  3. map

    map Guest

    papewe a écrit :
    > I have a friend that is also looking at the K100D (as opposed to the K110D)
    > because of the shake reduction. He is also looking at the K10D. He was
    > asking about the 16-45 vs. the 18-55. Thoughts on these two lenses, as well
    > as the K10D?
    >

    > "map" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm interested in the K100/K110.
    >> does anyone has the K100?
    >> how effective is the shake reduction? about 1 stop as suggested by
    >> dpreview?
    >> thanks.

    the lens kit is ok for me for the moment.
    I just want to know if the shake reduction is good enough
    for make me choose it against the lower's price K110...
    map, Dec 10, 2006
  4. map

    Randy Monk Guest

    "map" <> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in the K100/K110.
    > does anyone has the K100?
    > how effective is the shake reduction? about 1 stop as suggested by

    dpreview?
    > thanks.

    Its definitely worth it in the long run.

    Go to Dpreview and check the Pentax forums. Many tests have been done.

    The extra stop helps in low light situations and when shooting kids.
    Randy Monk, Dec 11, 2006
  5. map

    Guest

    map <> writes:

    > I'm interested in the K100/K110.
    > does anyone has the K100?

    Don't have one, but have shot test shots with one.

    > how effective is the shake reduction? about 1 stop as suggested by dpreview?
    > thanks.

    Didn't use that. It does seem to have quite a bit of fix bias noise
    though, and some amp glow at longer exposures. The 400D seems cleaner
    but does have some oddities with its noise reduction.

    --
    Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
    +61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.