K-lite codec pack 64 bit add-ons

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 3, 2007

  2. Tony Sperling, Apr 3, 2007

  3. Tony:
    The short answer is no.
    x64 codecs work only with x64 programs like WMP64, Movie Maker, etc.
    x86 codecs work only with x86 programs like WMP32 and WMPC.
    Both type of codecs can coexist simultaneously on Vista x64 without any
    interference between them.
    I actually have ffdshow x86 and ffdshow x64 installed on Vista x64.
    Please note that Windows XP x64 does not have WMP64.
    It just has the 32-bit flavour.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 3, 2007
  4. Ah, yes - it's a rare event when my ears turn red. I'll be happy to support
    everyone's right to ask a stupid question, while reserving a fair portion of
    that right to myself in the process, but this one has me 'em-bare-assed', I
    confess.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 4, 2007