    things back.

    I am running WinXP on a 56k.....Virus and trogen checked clear.
    I am open to any suggestions as to the cause if someone can shed some light.
    Wombus, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Wombus

    ChrisOD Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I just got a JVC Mini DV GR-D50 Camcorder, dam weird when I plug it in to my
    > USB and install the driver, I lose my internet access (connection is ok).
    > If I am already connected before plugging in the camera, any browser or
    > email window already open is fine and can access anything, but any new
    > windows I open can't access anything on the net. including web browsers,
    > e-mail, ftp, everything.
    > Even after a reboot I connect to ISP ok but zero net traffic.
    > I have disabbled my Firewall for the duration of this problem, and have
    > multiple ISP's to connect too. I have to do a damn System Restore to bring
    > things back.
    >
    > I am running WinXP on a 56k.....Virus and trogen checked clear.
    > I am open to any suggestions as to the cause if someone can shed some light.

    I am guessing here but....
    DV normally uses firewire, firewire includes a network, the USB DV
    driver may emulate this.

    I assume you are on Windoze?
    What version?
    If XP or 2k or perhaps even 9x/ME
    goto network control panel (you may have to turn on classic view)
    If there is a DV network there disable it.

    That should stop you going off net.
    You MAY need to reenable to use Cam though. So if you do it may be
    better to set up that network static rather than dynamic.

    Anyway try what I've suggested and can you also give us a copy of

    ipconfig /all
    route print

    before you disable stuff?

    --

    Chris
    ChrisOD, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Wombus

    Wombus Guest

    > I am guessing here but....
    > DV normally uses firewire, firewire includes a network, the USB DV
    > driver may emulate this.
    >
    > I assume you are on Windoze?
    > What version?
    > If XP or 2k or perhaps even 9x/ME
    > goto network control panel (you may have to turn on classic view)
    > If there is a DV network there disable it.
    >
    > That should stop you going off net.
    > You MAY need to reenable to use Cam though. So if you do it may be
    > better to set up that network static rather than dynamic.
    >
    > Anyway try what I've suggested and can you also give us a copy of
    >
    > ipconfig /all
    > route print
    >
    > before you disable stuff?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Chris

    Thanks Chris... I am using XP-Pro. yes when i install the device it places
    a local area connection in the network connections.. ip config shows a
    ethernet adapter - Microsoft TV/Video Connection.
    Even if i unplug the device it won't let me disable it, and when i reboot
    the local area connection is gone, but still i have no internet access...
    back to a System Restore
    I can send you a before and after of my ip config. how can i send it to
    you? my e-mail is Please head the e-mail JVC
    Problem

    A big Thanks
    Wombus
    Wombus, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Wombus

    John Guest

    Leave it enabled, unbind IP from the adaptor...

    John, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Wombus

    ChrisOD Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:37:25 +1300, "Wombus"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > Leave it enabled, unbind IP from the adaptor...
    >
    > >Thanks Chris... I am using XP-Pro. yes when i install the device it places
    > >a local area connection in the network connections.. ip config shows a
    > >ethernet adapter - Microsoft TV/Video Connection.
    > >Even if i unplug the device it won't let me disable it, and when i reboot
    > >the local area connection is gone, but still i have no internet access...
    > >back to a System Restore
    > >I can send you a before and after of my ip config. how can i send it to
    > >you? my e-mail is Please head the e-mail JVC
    > >Problem
    > >
    > >A big Thanks
    > >Wombus

    Yeah that makes sense.