    Can anyone help ?

    Thanks

    CWaspe
    Carole, Aug 21, 2004

  2. "Carole" <> wrote in message
    news:cg76lc$cpb$...
    > I hope there is someone that can help me.
    > I have recently purchased a new PC with XP.
    > I am now trying to get my digital camera to work with said PC and am

    having
    > problems getting the PC to recognise the camera.
    > Can anyone help ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > CWaspe

    Wouldbe helpful if you could elaborate a bit on what kind of problem you are
    having. Also, what kind of camera and what software are you using, etc.
    Hiram DeScheepe, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Carole

    Carole Guest

    Yes - sorry.
    The PC is running XP - the camera is a JVC GC-S1E stills camera and the
    problem is that I can not get the PC to recognise my camera - or the
    connection to the camera

    Thanks,

    Carole

    Carole, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Carole

    Carole Guest

    Thanks will do.

    Carole

    Carole, Aug 21, 2004
  5. If no one can help you in this group, then try a windows XP group. I use

    Gareth Tuckwell, Aug 21, 2004
  6. i don't know the camera, but it is likely connected to your computer via the
    usb port. with many usb connections it is necessary to first install the
    software before you connect the camera for the first time. most people do
    the opposite in the excitement of it all... in order to start over you need
    to remove the failed installation of the camera. to do so try this:
    start-controlpanel-performanceandmaintenance-system and a 'system
    properties' window will appear. select the 'hardware' tab and then 'device
    manage' button. expand the categories by clicking on the '+' symbols and
    you should see your camera listed under 'imaging devices' (or 'unknown
    devices'). click on the camera and then hit the delete button to remove it.
    finally, read the camera instructions and follow their installation
    procedures or call them for troubleshooting advice.

    Christopher Muto, Aug 21, 2004
  7. Carole

    Sny Guest

    I have a JVC GC-S1-E in a box somewhere. it is a VERY old camera,
    640x480 max res and still uses serial port for photo download.

    --

    QUIPd 1.02: (603 of 679)
    -> Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the

    My photo albums: http://www.pbase.com/sny
    Sny, Aug 22, 2004