JVC Camcorder - Anyone have experience with it?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ernie Jones, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. Ernie Jones

    Ernie Jones Guest

    I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here might
    have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I need
    one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing professional
    quality.

    JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
    GRD770US
    34x optical zoom
    900x digital zoom
    1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
    SD memory slot
    USB connection
    Frys GRD770US #5135386
    $239

    Fry's spec page:
    http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe

    Thanks,
    Ernie

    Ernie Jones, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Ernie Jones

    John Guest

    Ernie Jones wrote:
    > I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here might
    > have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I need
    > one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing professional
    > quality.
    >
    > JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
    > GRD770US
    > 34x optical zoom
    > 900x digital zoom
    > 1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
    > SD memory slot
    > USB connection
    > Frys GRD770US #5135386
    > $239
    >
    > Fry's spec page:
    > http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ernie

    Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
    Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.

    John.

    John, Jan 14, 2008

  3. Ernie Jones

    Ernie Jones Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Ernie Jones wrote:
    > > I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here

    might
    > > have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I

    need
    > > one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing

    professional
    > > quality.
    > >
    > > JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
    > > GRD770US
    > > 34x optical zoom
    > > 900x digital zoom
    > > 1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
    > > SD memory slot
    > > USB connection
    > > Frys GRD770US #5135386
    > > $239
    > >
    > > Fry's spec page:

    http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

    > > or
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Ernie
    > >

    > Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
    > Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.
    >
    > John.

    Thanks. How about Sharp? I have an older tape camcorder and it worked
    great.

    Ernie Jones, Jan 14, 2008
  4. Ernie Jones

    John Guest

    Ernie Jones wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> Ernie Jones wrote:
    >>> I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here

    > might
    >>> have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I

    > need
    >>> one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing

    > professional
    >>> quality.
    >>>
    >>> JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
    >>> GRD770US
    >>> 34x optical zoom
    >>> 900x digital zoom
    >>> 1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
    >>> SD memory slot
    >>> USB connection
    >>> Frys GRD770US #5135386
    >>> $239
    >>>
    >>> Fry's spec page:
    >>>

    > http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Ernie
    >>>

    >> Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
    >> Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.
    >>
    >> John.

    > Thanks. How about Sharp? I have an older tape camcorder and it worked
    > great.

    Definitely not sharp.

    John.

    John, Jan 14, 2008
  5. Ernie Jones

    Ernie Jones Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Ernie Jones wrote:
    > > "John" <> wrote in message

    > > might

    > > need

    > > professional

    > > http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

    > >> Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
    > >> Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.
    > >>
    > >> John.

    > > Thanks. How about Sharp? I have an older tape camcorder and it worked
    > > great.
    > >

    > Definitely not sharp.
    >
    > John.

    Where do you get your info from?

    The last 3 devices I bought made by Panasonic were crap. Fax machine - VERY difficult to use (fax machine? difficult? sure was!!); TV/VCR -- anti-intuitive remote, again hard to believe it was Panasonic. Last was an answering machine that lasted about 3 months.

    Ernie Jones, Jan 15, 2008
  6. Ernie Jones

    John Guest

    If you Google for something like 'best camcorder' you will see that most
    reviewers will suggest Panasonic, Sony and Canon more or less in that
    order. It's not me suggesting these makes, but the professionals who
    review them.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jan 15, 2008