    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Feb 29, 2008

  2. Brian A

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    >I am using JustVoip ( a betamax company) for the first time. I have
    > set up and verified the number I wish to use as my CLI. The CLI
    > forwards, to my mobile, when dialled from the softphone. However, it
    > neither works from voxalot nor an SPA-3000 ATA. There is a 'client'
    > area on the web site that shows my numbers but no reference to CLI.
    >
    > Further, I have twice validated my mobile number, it accepted the
    > number and then 'forgot' it. It did the same, once, with my landline
    > number but it seems to have accepted this now - but no CLI forwarding,
    > as stated above, except on the softphone.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas re this?

    I had a similar problem with voipcheap.com, another Betamax provider - this
    tip may work for you:-
    ( originally posted by Philippe Deleye I think)

    Register your landlines as described above, but make sure you use the
    format 0044 xxxx, not in the format +44 xxx

    The latter will work for verification, but not for CLI..

    Set your SIP device or IP phone to use your phone number, and also use the
    same format (0044 xxxx) here.

    Cheers from Mike

    Cheers from Mike
    Mike Sun, Feb 29, 2008

  3. Brian A

    Jose Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:30:06 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >I am using JustVoip ( a betamax company) for the first time. I have
    >set up and verified the number I wish to use as my CLI. The CLI
    >forwards, to my mobile, when dialled from the softphone. However, it
    >neither works from voxalot nor an SPA-3000 ATA. There is a 'client'
    >area on the web site that shows my numbers but no reference to CLI.

    Hi Brian,

    I'm not sure about the SPA3102, but in the PAP2, in order for outgoing
    CID to work, you must have the desired and verified number in the
    "User ID" field, and "Use Auth ID" set to Yes.

    Further dow (still in the PAP2) "CID serv" set to Yes, and "Block CID
    serv", set to No.

    In the Voxalot provider setup, I belive you need to enter your number
    in the "From user" field.

    I'm using VoipCheap, through Voxalot, and CID is going out.

    Good luck,
    Jose
    Jose, Feb 29, 2008
  4. Brian A

    Zid Swanish Guest

    Anyone know the Sip settings for justvoip??

    Zid Swanish, Feb 29, 2008
  5. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    irstOn Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:12:41 -0000, "Zid Swanish" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone know the Sip settings for justvoip??
    >"Jose" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:30:06 GMT, Brian A
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am using JustVoip ( a betamax company) for the first time. I have
    >>>set up and verified the number I wish to use as my CLI. The CLI
    >>>forwards, to my mobile, when dialled from the softphone. However, it
    >>>neither works from voxalot nor an SPA-3000 ATA. There is a 'client'
    >>>area on the web site that shows my numbers but no reference to CLI.

    >> Hi Brian,
    >>
    >> I'm not sure about the SPA3102, but in the PAP2, in order for outgoing
    >> CID to work, you must have the desired and verified number in the
    >> "User ID" field, and "Use Auth ID" set to Yes.
    >>
    >> Further dow (still in the PAP2) "CID serv" set to Yes, and "Block CID
    >> serv", set to No.
    >>
    >> In the Voxalot provider setup, I belive you need to enter your number
    >> in the "From user" field.
    >>
    >> I'm using VoipCheap, through Voxalot, and CID is going out.
    >>
    >> Good luck,
    >> Jose

    1. Firstly, thank you all for your suggestions. I will try them.

    2. For information to those who have not used JustVoip, though I am
    sure that other Betamaxes are the same... 10 Euros turns into 10
    pounds once you've added the handling fee and 19% VAT!
    You do, however, get 120 days of 300mins/7 days.

    SIP port : 5060
    Registrar : sip.justvoip.com
    Proxy server : sip.justvoip.com
    Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    Account name : your JustVoip username
    Password : your JustVoip password
    Display name/number : your JustVoip username or voipnumber
    Stunserver (option) : stun.justvoip.com
    ---
    Brian A, Feb 29, 2008
  6. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:49:24 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >irstOn Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:12:41 -0000, "Zid Swanish" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone know the Sip settings for justvoip??
    >>"Jose" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi Brian,
    >>>
    >>> I'm not sure about the SPA3102, but in the PAP2, in order for outgoing
    >>> CID to work, you must have the desired and verified number in the
    >>> "User ID" field, and "Use Auth ID" set to Yes.
    >>>
    >>> Further dow (still in the PAP2) "CID serv" set to Yes, and "Block CID
    >>> serv", set to No.
    >>>
    >>> In the Voxalot provider setup, I belive you need to enter your number
    >>> in the "From user" field.
    >>>
    >>> I'm using VoipCheap, through Voxalot, and CID is going out.
    >>>
    >>> Good luck,
    >>> Jose
    >>>

    >1. Firstly, thank you all for your suggestions. I will try them.
    >
    >2. For information to those who have not used JustVoip, though I am
    >sure that other Betamaxes are the same... 10 Euros turns into 10
    >pounds once you've added the handling fee and 19% VAT!
    >You do, however, get 120 days of 300mins/7 days.

    >SIP port : 5060
    >Registrar : sip.justvoip.com
    >Proxy server : sip.justvoip.com
    >Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    >Account name : your JustVoip username
    >Password : your JustVoip password
    >Display name/number : your JustVoip username or voipnumber
    >Stunserver (option) : stun.justvoip.com
    >---
    >Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >---

    Thanks again for the suggestions. I hadn't got the 'From User' set in
    Voxalot. I've never bothered with it previously because I didn't find
    the need to do so. Anyway, the CLI is whizzing along merrily now ! :)

    ---
    Brian A, Feb 29, 2008
  7. Mike Sun wrote:
    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> I am using JustVoip ( a betamax company) for the first time. I have
    >> set up and verified the number I wish to use as my CLI. The CLI
    >> forwards, to my mobile, when dialled from the softphone. However, it
    >> neither works from voxalot nor an SPA-3000 ATA. There is a 'client'
    >> area on the web site that shows my numbers but no reference to CLI.
    >>
    >> Further, I have twice validated my mobile number, it accepted the
    >> number and then 'forgot' it. It did the same, once, with my landline
    >> number but it seems to have accepted this now - but no CLI
    >> forwarding, as stated above, except on the softphone.
    >>
    >> Anyone any ideas re this?

    > I had a similar problem with voipcheap.com, another Betamax provider
    > - this tip may work for you:-
    > ( originally posted by Philippe Deleye I think)
    >
    > Register your landlines as described above, but make sure you use the
    > format 0044 xxxx, not in the format +44 xxx

    I had no problem using +44 and then getting my SIP ATA to send out the
    verified CLI.

    > The latter will work for verification, but not for CLI..
    >
    > Set your SIP device or IP phone to use your phone number, and also
    > use the same format (0044 xxxx) here.
    >
    > Cheers from Mike

    Even with the +44 when registering, I can use either +4420... 004420... or
    020 for example in the SIP device as the verified CLI and all three work.

    --
    http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
    http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/rapex_archives_en.cfm
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 29, 2008
  8. Brian A

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    > SIP port : 5060
    > Registrar : sip.justvoip.com
    > Proxy server : sip.justvoip.com
    > Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    > Account name : your JustVoip username
    > Password : your JustVoip password
    > Display name/number : your JustVoip username or voipnumber
    > Stunserver (option) : stun.justvoip.com
    > ---
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > ---

    Hey - I didn't think justvoip worked with a sip device as per
    http://www.myvoipprovider.com/blogcategory/Betamax/

    So you confirm that this is no longer true and it works fine with a sip
    device? If so, I may well switch from voipcheap.com to justvoip.com. Cheers
    from Mike
    Mike Sun, Feb 29, 2008
  9. Mike Sun wrote:
    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    >> SIP port : 5060
    >> Registrar : sip.justvoip.com
    >> Proxy server : sip.justvoip.com
    >> Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    >> Account name : your JustVoip username
    >> Password : your JustVoip password
    >> Display name/number : your JustVoip username or voipnumber
    >> Stunserver (option) : stun.justvoip.com
    >> ---
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >> ---

    > Hey - I didn't think justvoip worked with a sip device as per
    > http://www.myvoipprovider.com/blogcategory/Betamax/
    >
    > So you confirm that this is no longer true and it works fine with a
    > sip device? If so, I may well switch from voipcheap.com to
    > justvoip.com. Cheers from Mike

    http://www.justvoip.com/en/sipp.html

    It's been working with SIP for quite some time. Tested this myself a while
    back.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 29, 2008
  10. Brian A

    Herman Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I had no problem using +44 and then getting my SIP ATA to send out the
    > verified CLI.
    >
    > Even with the +44 when registering, I can use either +4420... 004420... or
    > 020 for example in the SIP device as the verified CLI and all three work.

    That is my experience as well
    Herman, Feb 29, 2008
  11. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:21:38 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >Mike Sun wrote:
    >> "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    >>> SIP port : 5060
    >>> Registrar : sip.justvoip.com
    >>> Proxy server : sip.justvoip.com
    >>> Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    >>> Account name : your JustVoip username
    >>> Password : your JustVoip password
    >>> Display name/number : your JustVoip username or voipnumber
    >>> Stunserver (option) : stun.justvoip.com
    >>> ---
    >>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >>> ---

    >> Hey - I didn't think justvoip worked with a sip device as per
    >> http://www.myvoipprovider.com/blogcategory/Betamax/
    >>
    >> So you confirm that this is no longer true and it works fine with a
    >> sip device? If so, I may well switch from voipcheap.com to
    >> justvoip.com. Cheers from Mike

    >http://www.justvoip.com/en/sipp.html
    >
    >It's been working with SIP for quite some time. Tested this myself a while
    >back.

    You don't have to pay up to try it out. Just open an account and it
    will all work for you with free calls but they are limited to 1 minute
    long. JustVoip appears to be the lowest cost call to UK mobiles of all
    the Betamax voip companies. Further, you get 120 days of 'free' calls.
    The quality of the audio seems to be good. I operate it via Voxalot in
    order to maintain a fixed IP just in case mine changes.
    VoipBusterPro will give a year for 10 Euros. The catch is that the
    'free' calls aren't free - you pay 3.9c connection charge. Thus you
    are limited to approximately 256 'free' calls for your 10 Euros. In
    practice that's no better than the 90 day deals.
    The 10 Euro fee is really GBP10 after all the hidden charges when
    crediting your account so the tariffs aren't quite as low, in
    practice, as they appear.

    ---
    Brian A, Mar 1, 2008
  12. Brian A

    andy Guest

    On 1 Mar, 11:49, Brian A <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:21:38 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >

    > <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    > >Mike Sun wrote:

    > >> Hey - I didn't think justvoip worked with a sip device as per
    > >>http://www.myvoipprovider.com/blogcategory/Betamax/

    > >> So you confirm that this is no longer true and it works fine with a
    > >> sip device? If so, I may well switch from voipcheap.com to
    > >> justvoip.com. Cheers from Mike

    > >http://www.justvoip.com/en/sipp.html

    > >It's been working with SIP for quite some time. Tested this myself a while
    > >back.

    > You don't have to pay up to try it out. Just open an account and it
    > will all work for you with free calls but they are limited to 1 minute
    > long. JustVoip appears to be the lowest cost call to UK mobiles of all
    > the Betamax voip companies. Further, you get 120 days of 'free' calls.
    > The quality of the audio seems to be good. I operate it via Voxalot in
    > order to maintain a fixed IP just in case mine changes.
    > VoipBusterPro will give a year for 10 Euros. The catch is that the
    > 'free' calls aren't free - you pay 3.9c connection charge. Thus you
    > are limited to approximately 256 'free' calls for your 10 Euros. In
    > practice that's no better than the 90 day deals.
    > The 10 Euro fee is really GBP10 after all the hidden charges when
    > crediting your account so the tariffs aren't quite as low, in
    > practice, as they appear.

    The charges aren't hidden: VAT is stated, and I believe that the 50c
    transaction charge is mentioned where it applies

    But yes, EURO 10 in the account afterwards can cost EURO 12.50, which is
    heading towards £10 with the exchange rate.

    For some people, premium sms top-ups were useful, using up old
    easyMobile or 3 WePay credit ...
    andy, Mar 3, 2008
  13. Brian A

    Guest

    i did faced any problem using any betamax programs.. even i use them
    for free calling using some hacks, and tricks which you may find at
    http://www.freepctophonecalls.blogspot.com

    , Mar 8, 2008