just wanted to say hi

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by laserbrain, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. laserbrain

    laserbrain Guest

    i just registered a sec a go after finding this forum via mike myers
    5th edition, which i have really enjoyed so far, except the OS
    section (im now on pg700). it kinda boring in places.not the writing
    just the topics. some of it i find really interesting, but the
    installing upgrading windows part was a pain to get thru. i mean i
    already know most of it, but i thought i'd better read it just in
    case
    anyway, as you can tell im new to computer study in general. ive been
    playing around with pc's for a couple of years now and have been
    delving deeper as of late (im 33 now). I decided to set the
    foundations for a career change and this is where i am at. atm im in
    construction and have worked in journalism in the past, but when i
    moved to the US construction clearly paid more and i was sick of
    being a starving artist anyway.
    Whats the deal with the IT field. I know I will have to start
    somewhere, but i really hate the thoughts of starting at minimum
    wagewith nothing but an a+ cert. Im thinking of getting another
    couple, maybe network and server +, before i start job hunting. and i
    know with the job market being so bad atm that i will need the exp
    before i do anything. i could swallow a year of bad pay if i can
    advance my career.
    What do computer techs make here in the NorthEast? I mean
    approximately. im just sick of what im doing and want out, even
    though im going to have to read the 5th edition from cover to cover
    again. anyone that could give me some freindly advice would be really
    appreciatted.
    thanks in advance and god bless

    cornell

    laserbrain, Feb 17, 2004