    type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
    Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C

    ---
    fredcromer, May 3, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    John Guest

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 13:47:09 +0100, "fredcromer"
    <> wrote:

    >When i signed up with TISCALI, you get a free webspace.....anyway, I
    >activated it,gave it a name,...now I have to create a page(or 2,3), and
    >UPLOAD it to Tiscali..........What I want to do is just be able to display a
    >title for the page, could anyone explain how i would go about doin' this,
    >say..called "BILL", then tiscali would allow me to upload it and I can work
    >on it from there......WHICH APP SHOULD I USE, and what should i select to
    >type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
    >Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C

    In Dreamweaver you just type in the part that says Title.

    In FrontPage you can go to Format, Background, General and then put
    the title of the page there.

    If you're working with just the code you put it between the
    <Title>This is the title of my html page </Title> tags.

    HTH

    John
    John, May 3, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Chet Guest

    To create simple HTML you don't need a special app. Just a text editor.
    Even if you decide to buy a program to create your page, some basic HTML
    knowledge is a plus. I suggest "A Beginners Guide to HTML" located at
    http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimer.html

    Chet, May 3, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    Pepperoni Guest

    I just emailed you a plain HTML page called "BILL". rename to "index.html"
    to use as your main page. If you would like me to write a more complete
    page; upload your music and photos first, and send their names as well as
    your web address. I can put it together in minutes from there. Also
    willing to talk you through Front Page (if you upload the files first).

    You can preview what I sent merely by dragging it into IE.

    If you need help, send an IM name/number by email for communication. (ICQ,
    MSN, AOLIM, Yahoo)

    Pepperoni
    <<wonderin' why Fred wants a page called "BILL">>>

    Pepperoni, May 3, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in

    > When i signed up with TISCALI, you get a free webspace.....anyway, I
    > activated it,gave it a name,...now I have to create a page(or 2,3),
    > and UPLOAD it to Tiscali..........What I want to do is just be able to
    > display a title for the page, could anyone explain how i would go
    > about doin' this, say..called "BILL", then tiscali would allow me to
    > upload it and I can work on it from there......WHICH APP SHOULD I USE,
    > and what should i select to type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
    > Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C

    This is a simple page that has the word "Hi" and a title of BILL:

    <head>
    <title>BILL</title>
    </head>

    Hi

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 3, 2004
  6. fredcromer

    len gardener Guest

    g'dau demon,

    just thought i'd read this post for curiosity, i have my own web page
    already.

    just that i noted there is no <p>preceding the Hi and no </p>after it,
    is using these codes no longer necessary in html? just curious as i
    don't use a page generator.

    tia

    len

    snipped
    --
    happy gardening

    len gardener, May 3, 2004
  7. fredcromer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    len gardener <> wrote in

    > just that i noted there is no <p>preceding the Hi and no </p>after it,
    > is using these codes no longer necessary in html? just curious as i
    > don't use a page generator.

    "necessary". Since <body> is also a block level element, and I didn't want
    any formatting or style, leaving out a <p> is acceptable. You'll notice
    the HTML also doesn't contain any doctype declaration or character
    encoding. Those are also required items.

    DeMoN LaG, May 4, 2004
  8. fredcromer

    len gardener Guest

    thanks demon,