    Thanks.

    --
    brightside S9

    brightside S9, Jan 29, 2013

  2. brightside S9

    cybuerke Guest

    Re: Just want a simple setup for a sipgate number to one analoguephone.

    brightside S9 wrote:
    > I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used or
    > producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I just
    > tested it.
    >
    > Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to use this
    > Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number to ring
    > a second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will be
    > connected to this second phone).
    >
    > Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    > and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    > port of a Netgear DG834G.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Obi 100 - in regular use for over a year, and it hasn't failed me yet

    <http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBi100-UK-Internet-Phone-Adaptor-Required/dp/B005FSTM0G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359487040&sr=8-2>

    cybuerke, Jan 29, 2013

  3. brightside S9 <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
    > Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    > and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    > port of a Netgear DG834G.

    Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty floating
    around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There appear to be a
    number on ebay currently.

    On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price with the
    functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP providers selected by
    dialplan?

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Jan 29, 2013
  4. brightside S9

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:01:23 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:

    > brightside S9 <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
    >> Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    >> and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    >> port of a Netgear DG834G.

    > Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty floating
    > around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There appear to
    > be a number on ebay currently.
    >
    > On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price with the
    > functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP providers
    > selected by dialplan?

    The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently to
    'fill a gap'. About £50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only £40, also current
    - that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't need the
    FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could have
    another VoIP number and have calls to that too.

    I like this kit - I also have an old SPA200, and the rather hefty SPA8000
    (still current too).

    Bob Eager, Jan 29, 2013
  5. Bob Eager <> wrote:
    > The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently to
    > 'fill a gap'. About £50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only £40, also current
    > - that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't need the
    > FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could have
    > another VoIP number and have calls to that too.

    One other option I might try is uelastix on a Raspberry Pi: I already have a
    PAP2, I already have a Pi, and it might be more flexible than an SPA3102 yet
    less painful than writing raw Asterisk.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Jan 29, 2013
  6. brightside S9

    Graham. Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:28:55 +0000, brightside S9
    <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:

    >I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used or
    >producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I just
    >tested it.
    >
    >Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to use this
    >Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number to ring
    >a second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will be
    >connected to this second phone).
    >
    >Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    >and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    >port of a Netgear DG834G.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Linksys PAP2 from various Hong Kong Ebay sellers, for about £15
    shipped.

    The PAP2 has 2 FXS ports and can be considered as two independent ATAs
    in one box.

    Graham., Jan 29, 2013
  7. brightside S9

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:20:26 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:01:23 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:
    >
    >> brightside S9 <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
    >>> Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    >>> and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    >>> port of a Netgear DG834G.

    >> Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty floating
    >> around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There appear to
    >> be a number on ebay currently.
    >>
    >> On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price with the
    >> functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP providers
    >> selected by dialplan?

    > The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently
    > to 'fill a gap'. About £50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only £40, also
    > current - that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't
    > need the FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could
    > have another VoIP number and have calls to that too.
    >
    > I like this kit - I also have an old SPA200, and the rather hefty
    > SPA8000 (still current too).

    I reversed FXS/FXO there...sorry.

    Bob Eager, Jan 29, 2013
  8. brightside S9

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:01:22 +0000, Graham. wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:28:55 +0000, brightside S9
    > <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used or
    >>producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I just
    >>tested it.
    >>
    >>Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to use this
    >>Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number to ring a
    >>second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will be connected
    >>to this second phone).
    >>
    >>Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    >>and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    >>port of a Netgear DG834G.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > Linksys PAP2 from various Hong Kong Ebay sellers, for about £15 shipped.

    I ordered two of these, from two different HK sellers. Both kept me
    hanging on until PayPal's refund deadline had passed, and disappeared. I
    never got goods or refund from either of them.

    Bob Eager, Jan 29, 2013
  9. brightside S9

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:46:10 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:

    > Bob Eager <> wrote:
    >> The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently
    >> to 'fill a gap'. About £50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only £40, also
    >> current - that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't
    >> need the FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you
    >> could have another VoIP number and have calls to that too.

    > One other option I might try is uelastix on a Raspberry Pi: I already
    > have a PAP2, I already have a Pi, and it might be more flexible than an
    > SPA3102 yet less painful than writing raw Asterisk.

    What does the Pi gain you? The PAP2T does all that was asked for.

    Bob Eager, Jan 29, 2013
  10. brightside S9

    Woody Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:28:55 +0000, brightside S9
    > <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used
    >>or
    >>producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I
    >>just
    >>tested it.
    >>
    >>Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to
    >>use this
    >>Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number
    >>to ring
    >>a second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will
    >>be
    >>connected to this second phone).
    >>
    >>Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable
    >>price,
    >>and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to
    >>a LAN
    >>port of a Netgear DG834G.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > Linksys PAP2 from various Hong Kong Ebay sellers, for about £15
    > shipped.
    >
    > The PAP2 has 2 FXS ports and can be considered as two
    > independent ATAs
    > in one box.

    Try Googling analogue telephone adapter and you will get loads.
    In addition to the PAP2 (don't forget Linksys is now owned by
    Cisco) Grandstream have always been good products in this field
    as have Sipura (which are now part of Linksys.) Also look at
    products by Zoom and Zyxel which again have always had a good
    reputation in the past. Linksys products with type numbers
    starting SPA are ex Sipura and from my experience are easier to
    set up than the PAPT2.

    Have you considered a voip phone? Yealink are, I am informed, a
    good product in addition to the regular Siemens Gigaset products.

    Have a look at www.internetvoipphone.co.uk or www.voipon.co.uk as
    a start. You have the advantage of being a Sipgate user which
    gives you access to their support pages where you will find
    complete setup configs for using many products in the UK -
    getting the ringing cadence and dial/engaged(etc) tones correct
    for a start.

    Many of the ATAs have a built-in server so can sit between the
    modem and a PC, but any will work equally well on a router
    output. You may however on some routers (I don't think it applies
    on yours) have to forward some ports or port ranges to make sure
    that comms can take place as needed.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

    Woody, Jan 30, 2013
  11. Bob Eager <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:46:10 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:
    >
    > > One other option I might try is uelastix on a Raspberry Pi: I already
    > > have a PAP2, I already have a Pi, and it might be more flexible than an
    > > SPA3102 yet less painful than writing raw Asterisk.

    > What does the Pi gain you? The PAP2T does all that was asked for.

    ....but it's not an alternative to an SPA3102, which was my derailment of this
    thread :)

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Jan 30, 2013
  12. brightside S9

    Graham. Guest

    On 30 Jan 2013 16:57:05 +0000 (GMT), Theo Markettos
    <> wrote:

    >Bob Eager <> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:46:10 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:
    >>
    >> > One other option I might try is uelastix on a Raspberry Pi: I already
    >> > have a PAP2, I already have a Pi, and it might be more flexible than an
    >> > SPA3102 yet less painful than writing raw Asterisk.

    >> What does the Pi gain you? The PAP2T does all that was asked for.

    >...but it's not an alternative to an SPA3102, which was my derailment of this
    >thread :)
    >
    >Theo

    It's certainly re whetted my appetite for Asterisk, I ran it on a
    headless PC for a year but I really couldn't justify the running
    costs.

    I think I know what I want for my birthday, I am downloading the .tar
    file as I type this.

    Graham., Jan 30, 2013
  13. On 29 Jan 2013 22:20:26 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:01:23 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:
    >
    >> brightside S9 <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote:
    >>> Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    >>> and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    >>> port of a Netgear DG834G.

    >> Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty floating
    >> around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There appear to
    >> be a number on ebay currently.
    >>
    >> On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price with the
    >> functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP providers
    >> selected by dialplan?

    >The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently to
    >'fill a gap'. About £50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only £40, also current
    >- that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't need the
    >FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could have
    >another VoIP number and have calls to that too.
    >
    >I like this kit - I also have an old SPA200, and the rather hefty SPA8000
    >(still current too).

    Thanks everybody. I ordered SPA112 from broadbandbuyer.

    Just got to get my head round the setup. I'll take a good look at he
    Sipgate setup guide.

    --
    brightside S9 S

    brightside S9, Jan 30, 2013
  14. brightside S9

    Woody Guest

    "brightside S9" <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote in message
    > On 29 Jan 2013 22:20:26 GMT, Bob Eager <>
    > wrote:

    >>> Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty
    >>> floating
    >>> around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There
    >>> appear to
    >>> be a number on ebay currently.
    >>>
    >>> On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price
    >>> with the
    >>> functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP
    >>> providers
    >>> selected by dialplan?

    >>The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one
    >>recently to
    >>'fill a gap'. About £50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only £40,
    >>also current
    >>- that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't
    >>need the
    >>FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could
    >>have
    >>another VoIP number and have calls to that too.
    >>
    >>I like this kit - I also have an old SPA200, and the rather
    >>hefty SPA8000
    >>(still current too).

    > Thanks everybody. I ordered SPA112 from broadbandbuyer.
    >
    > Just got to get my head round the setup. I'll take a good look
    > at he
    > Sipgate setup guide.
    >
    > --
    > brightside S9 S

    You won't regret it.

    And I didn't know about the Cisco/Linksys/Sipura sales thing
    going on. Just goes to show what most people playing with voip
    already knew - Sipura were/are good and Linksys was and still is
    cr*p.

    Woody, Jan 30, 2013
  15. brightside S9

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:29:51 +0000, brightside S9 wrote:

    > On 29 Jan 2013 22:20:26 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:

    >>> Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty floating
    >>> around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There appear
    >>> to be a number on ebay currently.
    >>>
    >>> On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price with the
    >>> functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP providers
    >>> selected by dialplan?

    >>The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently
    >>to 'fill a gap'. About £50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only £40, also
    >>current - that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't
    >>need the FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could
    >>have another VoIP number and have calls to that too.
    >>
    >>I like this kit - I also have an old SPA200, and the rather hefty
    >>SPA8000 (still current too).

    > Thanks everybody. I ordered SPA112 from broadbandbuyer.
    >
    > Just got to get my head round the setup. I'll take a good look at he
    > Sipgate setup guide.

    Drop me a line if you have questions; I have done a LOT with these.

    Bob Eager, Jan 30, 2013
  16. brightside S9

    Nick Guest

    On 31/01/2013 00:08, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    > "brightside S9" <address@replyto_is_not.invalid> wrote in message
    >> I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used or
    >> producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I just
    >> tested it.
    >>
    >> Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to use this
    >> Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number to ring
    >> a second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will be
    >> connected to this second phone).
    >>
    >> Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
    >> and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
    >> port of a Netgear DG834G.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> --
    >> brightside S9

    > Just get a basic Siemens Gigaset - Dect and will connect to VOIP or the
    > landline.

    +1.

    I had a Linksys 3102 and never got the sound quite right (echo), even
    after considerable effort. Whereas my 685ip gigaset worked sound perfect
    out of the box. It allows connections to multiple SIP providers,
    connections to 6 Dect phones (including existing non Siemens ones).
    Seperate Dect phones can make/receive simultaneous VOIP calls. Incoming
    numbers can be assigned to specific phones or subsets of phones.

    So good I no longer consider the landline support significant.

    Nick, Jan 31, 2013
  17. On 30 Jan 2013 23:28:30 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:

    >> Thanks everybody. I ordered SPA112 from broadbandbuyer.
    >>
    >> Just got to get my head round the setup. I'll take a good look at he
    >> Sipgate setup guide.

    >Drop me a line if you have questions; I have done a LOT with these.

    Thanks for the offer Bob.

    I think I've managed to set it up OK. Ive followed the help on SPA112
    configuration utility.

    SPA 112- I get System light on solid, Internet light on solid and
    phone 1 on hook on solid.

    Looking at SPA112 Adapter configuration it shows:-
    System status:
    Elapsed time 45 minutes and counting.
    SIP messages sent 12
    SIP messages received 12
    SIP Bytes sent 8031
    SIP Bytes received 5363

    Line 1 status:
    Hook status ON
    Registerd Staus REGISTERED
    Lasr registration at 2/1/2013 05:04:46
    Next Registration in 255s
    Call 1 state IDLE
    Call 1 tone NONE
    Call 2 state IDLE
    Call 2 tone NONE

    Line 2 status - NOT rgeisterd (I having set it up)

    Now of course the phone I'm using has a BT plug on it to RJ11 plug in
    back of phone, RJ11 pins 3 & 4 to BT plug pins 2 & 5.

    So I have replaced that lead with a RJ11 plug to RJ11 plug
    pins 3 & 4 only wired.

    Now according to the SPA112 configuration utility once I have checked
    that the Line Status shows regitered, I should make a call to the voip
    number and check the phone rings.

    1. It doesn't ring.
    2. Lifting receiver there is no dial tone
    3. Lifting receiver the off hook indicator doesn't flash.

    Replacing the RJ11 to BT plug lead in the phone and testing on BT
    line, all is OK.

    There was no lead for the phone in the box of bits delivered with the
    SPA112 and I cant find out what pins are used in the RJ11 sockets in
    the SPA112. I'm guessing that I'll need a lead RJ11 to RJ11 plug
    bot not wired straight pin to pin. What do you use for the
    connection?

    Or the SPA112 is duff?

    Thanks
    --
    brightside S9

    brightside S9, Feb 1, 2013
  18. brightside S9

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:45:50 +0000, brightside S9 wrote:

    > On 30 Jan 2013 23:28:30 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:
    > I think I've managed to set it up OK. Ive followed the help on SPA112
    > configuration utility.
    >
    > SPA 112- I get System light on solid, Internet light on solid and phone
    > 1 on hook on solid.

    Does the on hook light go out when you lift the phone?

    > Looking at SPA112 Adapter configuration it shows:-
    > System status:
    > Elapsed time 45 minutes and counting.
    > SIP messages sent 12 SIP messages received 12 SIP Bytes sent 8031 SIP
    > Bytes received 5363
    >
    > Line 1 status:
    > Hook status ON Registerd Staus REGISTERED Lasr registration at 2/1/2013
    > 05:04:46 Next Registration in 255s Call 1 state IDLE Call 1 tone NONE
    > Call 2 state IDLE Call 2 tone NONE

    And indeed does the hook status change if you lift the phone and refresh
    the page?

    > Now of course the phone I'm using has a BT plug on it to RJ11 plug in
    > back of phone, RJ11 pins 3 & 4 to BT plug pins 2 & 5.
    >
    > So I have replaced that lead with a RJ11 plug to RJ11 plug pins 3 & 4
    > only wired.

    > There was no lead for the phone in the box of bits delivered with the
    > SPA112 and I cant find out what pins are used in the RJ11 sockets in the
    > SPA112. I'm guessing that I'll need a lead RJ11 to RJ11 plug bot not
    > wired straight pin to pin. What do you use for the connection?

    I use a little adaptor that plugs into the phone socket, with an RJ11
    socket on its front. I think the RJ11 wiring is the problem....but see
    above for my questions.

    Bob Eager, Feb 1, 2013
  19. On 1 Feb 2013 13:57:06 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:45:50 +0000, brightside S9 wrote:
    >
    >> On 30 Jan 2013 23:28:30 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:
    >> I think I've managed to set it up OK. Ive followed the help on SPA112
    >> configuration utility.
    >>
    >> SPA 112- I get System light on solid, Internet light on solid and phone
    >> 1 on hook on solid.

    >Does the on hook light go out when you lift the phone?

    No stays on solid - Should go to flashing state according to the
    quick start guide. If the light is OFF it means Port Not Ready, again
    according to the quick start guide . Phone port 2 light is off as not
    configured but see further down.

    >> Looking at SPA112 Adapter configuration it shows:-
    >> System status:
    >> Elapsed time 45 minutes and counting.
    >> SIP messages sent 12 SIP messages received 12 SIP Bytes sent 8031 SIP
    >> Bytes received 5363
    >>
    >> Line 1 status:
    >> Hook status ON Registerd Staus REGISTERED Lasr registration at 2/1/2013
    >> 05:04:46 Next Registration in 255s Call 1 state IDLE Call 1 tone NONE
    >> Call 2 state IDLE Call 2 tone NONE

    >And indeed does the hook status change if you lift the phone and refresh
    >the page?

    No, stays showing on hook.

    >> Now of course the phone I'm using has a BT plug on it to RJ11 plug in
    >> back of phone, RJ11 pins 3 & 4 to BT plug pins 2 & 5.
    >>
    >> So I have replaced that lead with a RJ11 plug to RJ11 plug pins 3 & 4
    >> only wired.

    >> There was no lead for the phone in the box of bits delivered with the
    >> SPA112 and I cant find out what pins are used in the RJ11 sockets in the
    >> SPA112. I'm guessing that I'll need a lead RJ11 to RJ11 plug bot not
    >> wired straight pin to pin. What do you use for the connection?

    >I use a little adaptor that plugs into the phone socket, with an RJ11
    >socket on its front. I think the RJ11 wiring is the problem....but see
    >above for my questions.

    Also configured phone port 2. Same results. No dial tone and on hook
    indications on SPA112 lights and in the configuration utility, Refresh
    makes no difference.

    Just routed around in my junk box and found a spare RJ11 to BT plug
    cable that was orininall shipped with the netgear router. Hoping for a
    bit of luck, plugged the RJ11 end into the SPA112 and the BT plug
    into a BT double adapter, socket 1, and the phone with BT lead to RJ11
    (that's the on that works on BT line) into the double adapter socket.

    SPA - rj11 - cable[1] - btplug - bt double adapter- btplug - cable[2]
    - RJ11 - phone.

    [1] dont know the wiring in this, but 4 wires are presentat RJ11 end
    [2]wired straight pins 3 & 4 only

    No luck, just the same results as before for both phone ports.

    --
    brightside S9

    brightside S9, Feb 1, 2013
  20. brightside S9

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 14:53:40 +0000, brightside S9 wrote:

    > On 1 Feb 2013 13:57:06 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:45:50 +0000, brightside S9 wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 30 Jan 2013 23:28:30 GMT, Bob Eager <> wrote:
    >>> I think I've managed to set it up OK. Ive followed the help on SPA112
    >>> configuration utility.
    >>>
    >>> SPA 112- I get System light on solid, Internet light on solid and
    >>> phone 1 on hook on solid.

    >>Does the on hook light go out when you lift the phone?

    > No stays on solid - Should go to flashing state according to the quick
    > start guide. If the light is OFF it means Port Not Ready, again
    > according to the quick start guide . Phone port 2 light is off as not
    > configured but see further down.

    Should also go off when you lift the phone.

    >>> Looking at SPA112 Adapter configuration it shows:-
    >>> System status:
    >>> Elapsed time 45 minutes and counting.
    >>> SIP messages sent 12 SIP messages received 12 SIP Bytes sent 8031 SIP
    >>> Bytes received 5363
    >>>
    >>> Line 1 status:
    >>> Hook status ON Registerd Staus REGISTERED Lasr registration at
    >>> 2/1/2013 05:04:46 Next Registration in 255s Call 1 state IDLE Call 1
    >>> tone NONE Call 2 state IDLE Call 2 tone NONE

    >>And indeed does the hook status change if you lift the phone and refresh
    >>the page?
    >>

    > No, stays showing on hook.

    Definitely on hook then!

    Both of these indicate that the wiring is faulty...

    > Also configured phone port 2. Same results. No dial tone and on hook
    > indications on SPA112 lights and in the configuration utility, Refresh
    > makes no difference.
    >
    > Just routed around in my junk box and found a spare RJ11 to BT plug
    > cable that was orininall shipped with the netgear router. Hoping for a
    > bit of luck, plugged the RJ11 end into the SPA112 and the BT plug into
    > a BT double adapter, socket 1, and the phone with BT lead to RJ11
    > (that's the on that works on BT line) into the double adapter socket.
    >
    > SPA - rj11 - cable[1] - btplug - bt double adapter- btplug - cable[2]
    > - RJ11 - phone.
    >
    > [1] dont know the wiring in this, but 4 wires are presentat RJ11 end
    > [2]wired straight pins 3 & 4 only
    >
    > No luck, just the same results as before for both phone ports.

    These cables can be wired two different ways!

    Bob Eager, Feb 1, 2013