    i was wondering if anyone has come to a setup where a handheld PDA is used
    in VoIP. the idea is to use the wireless connection and voice over ip at the
    same time
    news, Aug 6, 2003

  2. news

    Kyler Laird Guest

    http://www.thekompany.com/embedded/tkcphone/

    >the idea is to use the wireless connection and voice over ip at the
    >same time

    The Zaurus readily handles 802.11b cards. (I'm hoping to get GPRS working
    too.)

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Aug 6, 2003

  3. news

    Brian Jones Guest

    I believe that xten was working on a client for the iPaq and also I
    think Cisco has a wireless 802.11b phone.

    Brian.

    Brian Jones, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Gary Gapinski, Aug 6, 2003
  5. news

    SPD Guest

    I didn't see any applications listed for Palm handhelds
    in any of the responses to this post. Does anyone
    know if a SIP client for Palm Tungsten C handhelds
    exists?

    Thanks,Steve

    SPD, Aug 6, 2003
  6. Gary Gapinski, Aug 7, 2003
  7. news

    Steve Blair Guest

    Gary:

    I'm missing something. When I click the link
    provided I get to the vliusa web site. I do not
    see an installer for Palm OS. Can you provide
    the specific link to install on the Palm from
    the cradle?

    Thanks,Steve

    Steve Blair, Aug 7, 2003
  8. Steve Blair wrote:

    > Gary:
    >
    > I'm missing something. When I click the link
    > provided I get to the vliusa web site. I do not
    > see an installer for Palm OS. Can you provide
    > the specific link to install on the Palm from
    > the cradle?
    >
    > Thanks,Steve
    >
    > Gary Gapinski wrote:
    >> SPD wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if a SIP client for Palm Tungsten C
    >> handhelds exists?
    >>
    >> http://www.vliusa.com/prof_personal/palmgphone.php

    Sorry. The product appears to not yet be available. It was to have been
    released in July. It's probably best to contact (mailto:)
    the vendor for an availability date.
    Gary Gapinski, Aug 7, 2003