    my mcse qualifications? Any advice would be much appreciated! I don't know
    where to start....

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=, Mar 28, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Zyrus piffled away vaguely:

    > Hi Gents,
    >
    > I've just started a career in IT and would like to get some industry certs
    > under my belt. I've been searching around and it seems like an mcse would be
    > a good place to start. I've checked a few sites which detail £1000 per exam,
    > but these come with training. I'm quite happy to buy a book and praccy at
    > work though. So where do I start exactly? Do I get the books from amazon and
    > book the exams at prometric.com? Do I need to sign up with microsoft
    > somewhere?? Are my details held somewhere on a central database which confirm
    > my mcse qualifications? Any advice would be much appreciated! I don't know
    > where to start....
    >
    > Thanks.

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    And if you've just started your career, this isn't really the time to
    get certified. Certification is supposed to mean you have experience.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:

    > <reply lost below the sig line, oh well>

    I don't borrow tech books from the library. I like to write in them and
    I am a mad highlighter so that would not work for me. I do sometimes
    sit with one at the bookstore for a little while before buying it.

    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007
  4. LarryWestMCSD wrote:
    > Answers below:
    >If you have the money, join ACM (Association for Computing Machinery).
    >That will earn you
    >the opportunity to download some of the certification books as well.

    I signed up for a similar program through IEEE recently. So far, it
    seems to have a lot of good resources -- specifically books & training
    courses. Just wanted to throw this option out as well..

    Good luck to the OP!

    --
    Jonathan Roberts
    MCTS: SQL Server 2005, MCP

    Information on MS VHD Images: http://tinyurl.com/y5bozl
    Great MS Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx
    Feedback on 70-431 Exam: http://www.jonathanroberts.eu/?p=6

    Jonathan Roberts, Mar 28, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I like to write in them and
    >I am a mad highlighter so that would not work for me. I do sometimes
    >sit with one at the bookstore for a little while before buying it.

    exactly what i do.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >If you have
    >the money, join ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)

    sound advice.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I signed up for a similar program through IEEE recently. So far, it
    >seems to have a lot of good resources -- specifically books & training
    >courses. Just wanted to throw this option out as well..

    i too am a member of the ieee, i find their resources excellent.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=

    CBIC Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >I like to write in them and
    >>I am a mad highlighter so that would not work for me. I do sometimes
    >>sit with one at the bookstore for a little while before buying it.

    > exactly what i do.

    You go to the bookstore and help catwalker pick out her books. LUCKY

    CBIC, Mar 29, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?WnlydXM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> >I like to write in them and
    >>>I am a mad highlighter so that would not work for me. I do sometimes
    >>>sit with one at the bookstore for a little while before buying it.

    >> exactly what i do.
    >>

    >You go to the bookstore and help catwalker pick out her books. LUCKY

    no, i go to the bookstore and fcuk her brains out. no, wait that was a
    dream i had once.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 29, 2007
  10. Hey Larry,

    really appreciate your comprehensive and constructive advice! I've been
    working as trade floor support for a few months now and think it's time to
    hit the books! I've setup win2k3 and some virtual servers for now.. hopefully
    going to find a book with practical excercises.

    thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?enlydXM=?=, Mar 31, 2007